Sunday, September 1, 2024

Tales of the Traveling Tote, Edition #40


June, the start of summer, found Miss Merri Mac 
and me on Cape Cod with sand between our toes.

Living the coastal life that 
always renews my spirit.

We visited long time friends who live year round on the Cape.
~ Beach Roses ~ Ocean Vistas ~ Seagulls ~ 
~ Salty Air ~ Fresh Seafood ~

I stayed in their charming guest suite, the FROG.
 ~ Furnished Room Over Garage ~

We spent leisure days under the pergola, catching up
and soaking in the fresh, crisp, cool air.

Look up at our perfect view of
blue skies and blooming wisteria.

Meet my new bestie, Gouda!

I admit, I also indulged in a few of these tasty
delights before heading back home.

Back in Texas, Miss Merri Mac and I hopped on
an express bus and headed up to Dallas.
Vonlane is like flying first class without the hassle of flying.

The service is always exceptional, and that particular Friday Vonlane pampered their customers with a delightful surprise,
Chelles Macarons.

 Victoria was in town for Dallas Market,
and we wanted to get in a repeat visit.

The Arte Italica Crown Linen Designs 
Dallas Market Showroom is a sight to behold.
How special to see all the products displayed in one space.
The Chef and I began collecting the beautifully crafted Italian pewter
made for Arte Italica in the 1990s, and I continue to add new pieces.

Later, we enjoyed dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. 
Rise ~ Salon de Soufflé

Sweet and savory soufflés offered  
a classic French experience.

July of course brought annual 4th of July celebrations.
It was too hot to entice us to attend the neighborhood parade,
but that didn't stop us from feeling festive.

 Miss Merri Mac is the perfect companion to hold my current needlepoint "works in progress", so the two of us gather weekly with 
a group of stitchers for conversation, lunch, and stitch therapy.
One recent week we took a day trip to Comfort, TX 
to shop at  The Tinsmith's Wife.
Wow, what a wonderful resource for anyone who knits or stitches.
Click here to check it out.  They ship!

The Texas hill country is a bounty of fresh produce 
this time of year, so of course we stopped at one 
of the local stands on our way out of town.

Nothing like fresh Texas peaches!

Except of course the cool, fresh air 
of the mountains of Colorado.

Yes, lucky us escaped the heat
for a few weeks in July and August.

I've been traveling to Colorado in the summers since I was a child,
and with every trip the mere sight of the mountains instantly
restores my body with calm and contentment.


WELCOME


Hello from paradise!

Farmer's Markets enticed with 
local produce and handmade items.

This family was selling 
mango on a stick.

Looks pretty tasty 
and easy to eat.

My sojourn in Colorado extended for 
two weeks with lots of time to relax and stitch.

We celebrated my cousin's milestone birthday 
with special dinners out and a beautiful picnic riverside.

Click here to view my post on the picnic.

August also presented another family opportunity when
a group of my girl cousins met for a fun weekend in Galveston.

The last time some of us met here was in 2012.  
Since that gathering, we've sadly lost two, but are overjoyed to welcome an entirely new group of young women who have joined our family, including precious baby, Emily Kathryn.  

We celebrated the upcoming wedding of one of the young girls marrying into the family and the expected birth of another 
cousin's first child - a baby boy due in January.

What a special group of smart, 
strong, beautiful women!

Especially fun to celebrate the 
upcoming December wedding .   .   .

And the expected birth of baby Lawson!

Lots of girl time around the pool.
I love that the younger generation values family 
connections and wants to participate.  

Cheers to many years ahead celebrating together.  

Don't forget to leave me a comment and tell us 
where you have traveled the past 3 months.
Those who comment on Jenna's post 
will be entered into our giveaway.
Enjoy the adventures of my Traveling tote Friends!
Links Below
Debbie with Miss Aurora @ Mountain Breaths 
Emily with Miss Courtney Childs The French Hutch 
Jenna with Miss Coquille @The Painted Apron (Give Away Here)
Linda P with Miss Lola @ Life and Linda
 Patti with Miss Kenzie @ Pandora's Box
Rita with Miss Luna C Panoply 
Sarah with Miss Merri Mac @ Hyacinths for the Soul (You Are Here)
Rita with 


We all have more adventures ahead.
41st Edition of Tales of the Traveling Tote in December.


Also Joining
Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

17 comments:

  1. What a fun summer Sarah with your trip to the Cape, Colorado and Galveston! Colorado does look like paradise and the perfect spot to escape the heat and enjoy the scenery and beauty. Lots of fun celebrations and reconnecting. Happy September! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you are traveling again and you have certainly been busy. Beautiful family photos and lots of reasons to celebrate! So happy you got to visit the cape - my happy place!! happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a summer! So happy for you Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, you have had wonderful travels and very jolly times this summer with people dear to you. It looks like such fun. Big smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I am touched by the many friend and family connections you've been able to take part in this summer. You are a traveling troubadour! All the places and people are beautiful. I noticed right off the bat the Nantucket bucket purse at the Frog 😉, and meeting up with Victoria and her husband in Dallas had to be a treat. The family girl time - in Aspen, and then Galveston - is the best. Love the cookies made for Lawson's shower. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful summer you've shared Sarah! XO Honora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, I'm so happy to see you back in the swing of things. I know you love to travel and you've traveled to some wonderful places this summer. The cape is on my bucket list and I know you enjoyed the family reunion relaxing next to the beautiful river. Your summer was a wonderful time for seeing familiar places and sweet faces. Thanks for sharing your trips.Happy September and sending hugs.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, this post makes me happy for you. Keep enjoying the friend and family connections. You’ve been to wonderful places, and I’ll have to look into Vonlane. Gouda the kitty is a real sweetie! The guest suite looks charming especially with your Nantucket bucket purse. You have me craving lobster, and I love the coastal life. If you haven’t already read Swan Song by Elin Hilderbrand, you will enjoy it. Happy September! Enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sarah, you have been traveling everywhere! Cape Cod is so charming, what a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a lobster roll. The Vonlane express bus sounds like an amazing way to travel, I can't believe they served macarons! Love your tote filled with the patriotic teddy bears for the 4th of July! How fun to belong to a stitcher's club and meet for lunch and stitching. I'm so glad you got to go to Colorado for a while and get out of the Texas heat~mango on a stick looks like quite a treat! Your girls weekend with your cousins was a special time, how many cousins do you have, wow! I'm so glad you had such a busy and happy Summer! Happy September~
    Jenna from the Painted Apron

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great deal of traveling in beautiful weather. Sounds like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, what a delightful summer you have had. Cape Cod, Colorado and then Galveston. Good for you, I am so happy for you. The Vonlane Express bus looks like a lovely way to travel. Wow, they served macarons. The stitcher's club sounds like fun. Love the girl's weekend. So glad you got away from that extreme heat. Such a fun summer with lots to do. Always a pleasure seeing where you have traveled. Happy Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing summer you've had! I enjoyed seeing your photos from Cape Cod and Colorado. I also enjoyed seeing your family photos: You have a cute family of cousins! BTW the setting beside the river in Colorado is simply stunning: I remember when you posted the photos on IG I was blown away. I'm so happy that you're traveling so much. It's nice to escape southern summertime heat, isn't it! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, I am so happy that you have had a fabulous summer of travel. The Cape and the Frog were the perfect accommodations. Sand between the toes makes everything better. Meeting up with Victoria was certainly special. The showroom looks wonderful! A visit to Colorado is always perfect. The Rockies are one of our most favorite destinations! Your summer with friends and family was perfect! Happy September, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to visit Colorado again sometime. Have not been since hubby died in 2012 at 56. Used to have family reunions there. I am enjoying living in Oregon! I have traveled this year to Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Washington (Long Beach there) and around Oregon. My blog shows my travels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing and wonderful summer you enjoyed. WOW.
    Found your post on Life and Linda. My entries this week are numbered #97+98
    Hope you will join/share M-Sat at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I can’t keep up with all of your travels. You’re amazing!! What a wonderful, busy Summer! Definitely my highlights were being able to spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful month of travels and filled with family! We used to vacation on "the Cape" each summer and I use any excuse to get back there as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.