Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tis the Season of Patriotic Tablescapes


Summer is the season of Patriotic Tablescapes 
here at Hyacinths for the Soul.
Let the parade of red, white, and blue begin.

Welcome to our
Summer Tablescape Blog Hop
Thank you to Rita, our amazingly organized and 
talented leader and author of the beautiful Panoply.
Each account in this hop offers abundant inspiration for creating 
beautiful tabletops for your summer meals and dinner parties.
Links are at the end of this post.

Summertime is the season when I bring 
out lots of red, white, and blue. 

As a long time fan of blue and white pieces, 
all that's needed is a pop of red for a nod to the 
patriotic vibe, Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Gather a few pieces on a tray, fill them with simple flowers, 
and you have a quick and inexpensive centerpiece.

I added sparkly star ornaments from 
among our Christmas ornaments.

Marbled paper stars, a paper flower, a few vintage flag buttons ~ simply shop your home for added details.

The plate stack is a mix of dishes that have lived here a long time.
The only thing new is the antique mother of pearl flatware,
a recent thrifty find sourced on a local online estate sale.

With a 70 percent discount, this lovey set was $25.
All that was needed was a little polish to the 
sterling ferrules and silver-plate blades and fork tongs.

Heart shaped checkered plates were handcrafted in
 Hungary for Mesa International, circa 1980s.  
I have them in red, green, blue, and yellow, so they add 
a whimsical touch to plate stacks throughout the year.

Linens are from my favorite, Arte Italica Crown Linen Design.
Vintage Garden chargers by Ambiance hold dinners plates
in MacKenzie-Childs Royal Check enamelware.

The red checkered heart holds a Royal Check mug.
I added a fresh magnolia bloom off my neighbor's tree.
Love the fragrance of fresh magnolias blooming!

Wine stems of blue glass are more oldies from our cupboards.
I created the charming place cards using 
an image from a patriotic 1920s calendar.

Here is a closeup of the beautiful 
Crown Linen embroidered linen napkins.
The unique napkin ring is actually a luggage tag.

 My friend Vickie @ The Menagerie gets credit for this clever idea.  Our table was set for just the two of us, but when I host a dinner party, I like to send our guests home with a little favor from the evening.  What better gift than a luggage tag for summer travels ahead?

Nothing fancy, though I think 
it all makes a festive statement.

Magnolia blooms are short lived. I certainly don't want to abuse the generosity of my neighbor with repeated snips of her blooms, so I popped in a faux hydrangea bloom found at the Dollar Store.
Not the same ambiance, and no fragrance, but it works.

I added more flower vignettes on the buffet.

A patriotic heart ornament is tied to the handle of 
the hydrangea filled Calico water pitcher.
Remember: shop your home, use what you have.  
It makes it fun!

Couldn't resist the colorful  
patriotic donuts from a local bakery.

They would be easy to make on your own.  
Buy a box of donuts and ice them in 
red, white, and blue with sprinkles on top.

Blue and white cache pots and a ginger jar flank
either side of the center silver tray. 
Potted red begonias will be planted outdoors later.
The sheet music flowers were sourced from
@robinramsayinfante on Instagram.

Our local HEB grocery store had these patriotic 
swirl lollipops for sale before Memorial Day.
Only 99 cents each, I bought them with the intent 
of using them in a flower arrangement.  
For now, I just tied ribbon to them 
and made a candy bouquet.

More Mother of Pearl flatware is gathered in a glass spooner, 
and stands ready should we have guests.

I hope you are inspired to
 set your own patriotic tabletop.

Thanks for joining me today.
Have fun hopping through these beautiful tablescapes:
Life and Linda - A Taste of the Tropics
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Yellow and Blue Alfresco Setting
Hyacinths for the Soul - Tis the Season of Patriotic Tablescapes (You Are Here)
Home is Where the Boat Is - Anchors Aweigh on the Pontoon
Thrifting Wonderland - Butterfly Garden Table Setting
The Little Yellow Corner Store - Sweet Old Summertime
Red Cottage Chronicles - Dining Al Fresco - A Summer Tablescape
From My Carolina Home - Summer Sunshine Tablescape and Hop
Living With Thanksgiving - Summer Celebrations
The Bookish Dilettante - Beach Reading Tablescape
The Painted Apron - Let's Go Fishing
Belle Bleu Interiors - A Summertime Luncheon in the Garden












Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

36 comments:

  1. Wow, wow! So much to talk about, love the vintage pieces, and the mix of colors. Those birds are wonderful, and all the blue and white stoneware pieces pull together well. Such cute lollipops. I am so impressed with the luggage tag favors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie..mommy did so well again..tell her I love her place cards!She has the most beautiful collections doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new mother of pearl forks are wonderful! What a find! I also love the tulipiere in your centerpiece ! What a great table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you do red, white, and blue so beautifully. You are truly a master of detail. I am smitten by your fabulous find of the mother of pearl flatware, it is gorgeous. The centerpiece is beautiful with your blue and white pieces. I love your collections and your style! It is always a treat to hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely little vintage treasures you have gathered into such a beautiful patriotic display! The mother of pearl flatware was a wonderful find! Enjoy the patriotic holidays ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you are the master of tablescapes! Your centerpiece is just delightful, my friend! I love all of the pretty colors of your gorgeous flowers! And in vintage pieces, be still my heart! You are such a creative one and I love your amazing decor skills!
    Simply elegant tablescape, Sarah!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, this is all so delightful! Your plate stacks are fabulous with the Royal Check mug, heart plate and Royal Check plate, and the fresh magnolia is so pretty~ I love love your idea of the flag luggage tag favor and the place cards you made from an old calendar are the star of the show for me! It is fun to shop your house and use things in different ways to create new looks...the paper stars are such fun and the embroidered napkins are stunning...so many cute ideas and details, love the ornaments and the candy vase of patriotic lollipops! It's all wonderful fun ❤️
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was me Sarah that commented anonymously! I'm sorry!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart beats red, white and blue Sarah so I love all your patriotic details and table! So many fun details from the sheet music flowers, flag luggage tag/napkin rings, patriotic swirl lollies (great idea to add them to an arrangement!) and Monnie’s adorable vintage placecard holder. I have MOP flatware envy…what a bargain! Sweet Sadie’s photo with a patriotic Eagle steals the show! As always it’s a treat to join you at the table. Happy Summer. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, love how you styled so many different red, white an blue patterns, shades and items for a patriotic display. Lucky you that incredible find and deal on the flatware --- gorgeous! And how clever to use those flag luggage tags for napkin rings and favors! Hug Sadie for me, so cute with the eagle. She's surely a Yankee, doodle, dandy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many brilliant ideas here, Sarah, where to start?! The Le Creuset pie birds in red, white & blue are fabulous, but not to be outdone, that patriotic bird pin cushion on the record roll container is outstanding! The estate sale Meridian bargain - my kind of shopping deal, and it cleaned up beautifully. Your newer items - the Royal Check, Crown Linen placemats & napkins - really shine here, and what a great assortment of heart plates to accent with through the seasons. The luggage tags for favors/napkin rings and place cards are perfect. I know I haven't mentioned everything, but EVERYthing is fabulous. Thank you for bringing your style to the table in this hop! So many wonderful ideas to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, you are so creative and always have a surprise element! The flag luggage tag looks like needlepoint. I was sure you had stitched it yourself.
    I am crazy about your trio of blue and white creamers and pitchers on a tray filled with flowers. Also, creative to pull out Christmas ornaments and tie them to pitcher handles. Your mother of pearl flatware is gorgeous and what a great price. I need to take a page from your book and look for things online from estate sales. I miss good buys in Texas since my kids have moved to Colorado.
    How sweet Sadie looks with her eagle toy. She is adorable.
    You always inspire. Fun to read your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, your patriotic tablescape is lovely! Those little placecards are darling and I love the pretty napkins! Pinned! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible display of patriotic treasures! You are an artist of all things beautiful. I've fallen in love with everything. If I was forced to pick one thing I would chose your embroidered napkins. So elegant. Thanks for sharing with us and inspiring us! Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your red, white, and blue, Sarah. I love Patriotic tablescapes so much, and yours is so unusual! I love how you've used the blue and white cahce pots, and the one with the candy bouquet is such a cute idea! I like your idea of gathering things on a pretty silver tray as your centerpiece. It is lovely! Seeing sweet Sadie's face is bringing me joy this afternoon. I like her toy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah, the detail on your table and plate stacks is wonderful. The knives for a deep discout was outstanding, and the Le Creuset pie birds in red, white & blue are so darn cute. I wish I had them in my curate collection. The paper flowers were a great find. They are extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sarah, what a lovely table. If I had to pick three fave elements, it would be those fabulous place cards, the gorgeous hydrangeas and that pretty silverware. It's all part of a perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, you have the cutest accessories. The embroidered napkins caught my eye. The plate stack is lovely. I love your personalized little placecards. The Le Creuset pie birds in red, white & blue is so fun! What a great find, your Mother of Pearl flatware. A patriotic heart ornament is darling and those cute flag luggage tags. You have thought of everything. Gotta love the patriotic lollipop bouquet. Even a sweet photo of Sadie. A pleasure joining you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your seemingly effortless way of combining your red, white and blue table items with unique accessories and fun accents, like the lollipops and ornaments. I'm sure I'd discover something new each time I saw your table and vignettes! I love your elegant napkins! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a wonderful stash of goodies for designing table settings Sarah. What a wonderful find with the mother of pearl set and such a steal! The plate stack is so pretty and I especially love the hearts. Great you have them in multiple colors. I love all the patriotic touches, the luggage tag, icing on the cake! Wishing you a very happy summer Sarah......

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sarah, you set the prettiest tables and vignettes! I’m not kidding!! I love your pie birds and your blue and white collection. I gasped at the beauty and price of the flatware. What a buy! I of course, love those checkered heart plates. Happy Summer to you, your Chef, and sweet Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sadie stole the show but not until after I enjoyed your beautiful collections! I have the red pie bird and adore it. Happy Summer to you, Monnie and Sadie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you pay such close attention to detail! This patriotic display is so fun and full of whimsy. The lollipops are great! I always have some in a vase on my coffee table! As always, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sarah, I love all of the red white and blue details to your table, including the lollipops and ornaments. I love the collection of colored pie birds. So adorable. The mother of pearl flatware stole my heart...it is such a classic. The mixture of your checks from your plate stack and your blue and white floral vases are such a pretty contrast and combination. Even your little puppy loves to celebrate the holiday. He is waiting for one of those donuts. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah, so many wonderful touches to your table setting. I particularly lied the vintage vibe to the table. It evokes feelings of early patriotic celebrations with small town parades and everyone waving flags. Being a flatware collector I was especially taken with the beautiful flatware you used. It polished up beautifully and adds another vintage element to the table. Have a great Summer.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Sarah, your table is a red, white and blue spectacular!! You have so many unique pieces like those marbled stars!! I love all the blue check pieces. The flatware deal you purchased cleaned up beautifully. What a fantastic idea with the luggage tags as a favor!! I hope you have a wonderful summer. ☀️

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sarah, you certainly have an extensive collection of patriotic tableware. You’ve used your pieces beautifully to create a celebratory setting. The luggage tags are a super cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE all the wonderful red/white/blue pieces. That heart shaped flag ornament is patriotic perfection, and the calico pieces are gorgeous. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet Sarah, this is all so beautiful! The red, white, and blue color palette makes my heart sing. I adore anything patriotic. Another thing that I absolutely adore is blue and white. You have some really pretty pieces that I am admiring. I have recently started collecting the Burleigh Calico pieces. Your pitcher is gorgeous! I am going to borrow your idea of using a silver tray and placing several pitchers with flowers on it. It makes such a beautiful statement. I have so enjoyed my visit today. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sarah your table makes me want to strike up the band and play patriotic music. Beautiful and inspiring. Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sarah, you have so many patriotic details on your table...I love them all! The mother of pearl flatware was a major score! The trio of Le Creuset pie birds caught my eye right away. They are so cute! I also love the vintage flag buttons, vintage inspired place cards and the bouquet of lollypops tied with ribbon. Sending your guests home with the American flag luggage tag favors is a such a thoughtful touch! It was nice hopping with you. Enjoy the summer!
    Rebecca (Zucchini Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sarah so happy I found your blogspot. Love love your table scape. You and Rita and the other girls do not disappoint in your table scapes. Love your patriotic theme. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous post! Red White and Blue are always a good think, no? LOVE the antique mother of pearl flatware...what a find! I hop you have a very happy 4th ! xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sarah, lovely as ever. You have the most beautiful collections for every occasion. What a great deal you found on the flatware. So pretty. I am afraid I just did a very small amount of RW&B on the front porch for the passer-bys to enjoy. Nothing much inside this year..Happy 4th..xxoJudy P.S. I put this info under my blog post, but incase you don't get the chance to see it: That blue and white plate is Broadhurst Staffordshire Ironstone, made in England.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sarah: I get so busy looking at Instagram that I forget to come and look at your beautiful blog. I only wish you had shared this tablescape on Instagram. Well the weekend is young so perhaps it will come. As usual your attention to detail is amazing. I also cannot believe the steel you got on that mother of pearl flatware.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice post thank you Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.