Monday, August 3, 2026

Monday Morning Blooms ~ Golden Vibes of Sunflowers



Welcome to Golden Vibes of Sunflowers
Monday Morning Blooms 
~ First Monday of August 2026 ~

I'm always thrilled to join my flower loving friends,
Mary, Pam, and Lidy.
These ladies continue to inspire as they celebrate 
the beauty of fresh flowers and seasonal inspiration.
At the end of this post you'll find links to their 
August Monday Morning Blooms.
Go be inspired!


Today's post focuses on The Golden Vibes of Sunflowers.
Summers here in Austin are notoriously hot,
which makes sunflowers a fitting bloom all summer.
Join me on the terrace for my favorite summer indulgence
~ classic peach ice cream ~ and let's talk about sunflowers.

Other than the occasional volunteer sunflower plant grown
as a gift from a bird that dropped a seed,  
I don't grow my own sunflowers.
Arnosky Family Farms in Blanco is a favorite local source.


Arnosky Family Farms has fields and 
fields of beautiful seasonal flowers.

Sunflowers grow tall and strong, on average 
3-10 feet with sturdy rough, hairy stems. 
Their deep taproots need lots of room, so they are
best grown in the ground rather than containers. 

They thrive in full sun all day, are drought 
tolerant, and bloom summer into autumn.
The vibrant yellow of the flower petals 
make me think of the energy of the sun.

We enjoy sunflowers as a staple in our home summer into autumn because they are a great price for fresh cut blooms and are
readily available at local shops and farmer's markets.

A simple bloom as garnish on a 
serving plate is a fun touch.

My Baja bouquet today is a product of Mexico
sold at our local Central Market.

Bachelor Button Daisy, China Aster Bellflowers, 
and Purple Statice are mixed in for added color.

As much as I like to fill a vase with just sunflowers, 
I do like the pop of extra color for a table setting.

The extra color helps tie in with my 
MacKenzie-Childs dish stack.

Along with these cute, tasty cookies 
by Haley's, a local bakery.

If you like peach ice cream, I have a secret so
lean in and listen closely.   .   .
Chick-fil-A sells delicious peach milkshakes 
during the summer season.

A friend introduced me to this tasty
treat several summers ago.
She also taught me to buy them and then 
keep them in the freezer to scoop as ice cream.

The Texas hill country is also known for their peach orchards.
Nothing like fresh Texas peaches, 
so help yourself and add more to your scoops.

I've been blogging since 2009 and over the past 17 years I've
shared many posts of tablescapes, gardens, and other topics.
I've linked a few of my posts below where you will
find more sunflower inspiration if interested.

2024
Welcome Autumn, the Richest of Seasons

2023
French Country Ambiance

2020
Sunflowers Make Me Smile


2018


Below are the links to 
Pam, Mary, and Lidy's August posts.




I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes of
Lady Bird Johnson
Thank you for your visit.  Please leave a comment
so I know who has stopped by to visit. 
Enjoy the month of August!

Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.