Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Tablescape Blog Hop - Welcome, Autumn, the Richest of Seasons


Waving good bye to summer and 
welcoming autumn days with open arms.
Truly the richest of seasons, 
the splendor of autumn delights my senses.

Welcome to our Fall Tablescape Blog Hop.
Once again, a big shout out and thank you to our leader, and hostess,
 Rita @ Panoply
the lady who keeps us organized and on track.
We have 16 tabletop stylists joining the hop today.
Links are at the bottom of this post.

The color palette of autumn 
with leaves of gold and russet brown 
drifting down and blowing about instills a sense of joy for
this Texas girl after a long, hot summer.

We are still in August suffering with triple digits as I set my fall table,
so indulge me with touches of fall and an abundance of sunflowers.

I chose a burlap runner with pleated 
detail to glide down the center of our table.
The classic and delicious russet details take my mind to the 
swirl of autumn leaves and country vistas with touches of autumn.

Simple pleated burlap placemats were added on 
either side atop the natural wood of our table.  

I chose natural linen napkins by Creative Co-Op,
 detailed with rust embroidery and festive little tassels.
The napkin rings, purchased at a local shop many years ago
add more rustic texture and beads add a pop of golden yellow.

The plate stack features my go to Arte Italica pewter chargers
 that we purchased in 1999 and dinner plates in MacKenzie-Childs
Wittika Peanuts pattern made in the style of German Slipware.

Christofle Talisman silverware was chosen by "my chef"
 in 1995 when we moved into our current home.  
Truly classic, just like my guy!

Tortoise shell stems, a gift from a friend, 
are the perfect glass ware for this setting.

Seriously, look how pretty each of these elements 
compliment each other in color and texture.

See how the light reflects off the yellow glaze 
made with a combination of vanadium and iron oxide 
and also amplifies the tortoise shell look of the glass?

I kept the centerpiece low and simple, pulling in a couple of 
Arte Italica pitchers filled with sunflowers and Dusty Miller.  
Squirrel salt and pepper shakers add a touch of whimsy, 
and I anchored it all on this wonderful French tray 
made with gnarly grape vine branches.  

The details of the gnarled grape vine branches offer 
interesting detail as handles for this simple wood tray, 
and the etched design of the pewter pitcher 
is what drew me to purchase this piece.  

Look how cute these little squirrels are!

Speaking of squirrels, I seem to have a love / hate 
relationship with these furry critters.
As much as I admire their cuteness, 
they are not kind to my garden 
or to the patio cushions.

Basically they consider the stuffing 
free for the taking to add to their nests!


It doesn't keep me from adding 
squirrels as decor in our home.
How cute is this nut bowl?

Thank you for joining me at my table today.
I hope you will leave a comment so I know who stopped by.

Don't miss the fabulous fall 
table inspiration at the links below.

Hyacinths for the Soul - Welcome, Autumn, the Richest of Seasons (You are here)
Home is Where the Boat Is - Plaid, Petals and Pumpkins
Life and Linda - Whooo's Ready for Fall
Everyday Living - The Splendors of Autumn
Thrifting Wonderland - Fall Is In the Air
My Thrift Store Addiction - Anticipating Autumn Transferware Tea Time
The Painted Apron - Easing Into Fall
The Cat's Whiskerz - Autumn Bliss
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Autumn Splendor Tablescape

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Also Joining
Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

21 comments:

  1. Good morning, Sarah! I agree that autumn is the richest of seasons. The display of sunflowers is stunning. The burlap table runner with its pleated detail is lovely as it falls from the table. The MKC dinner plates are perfect for the richest season as are the tortoise shell stems.The burlap placemats perfectly frame your plate stack. All of your elements definitely compliment each other in color and texture. I would love to have a seat at your table. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful burlap table runner with its pleated details Sarah, perfect for fall and pairing with sunflowers! 🌻 Your plate stack is stunning with your MKC Wittika Peanuts pattern, pewter chargers and handsome silverware and tortoise shell stemware. I love your French tray with grape vine branch handles and how the sunlight highlights the details in your pewter pitcher and the glaze on your ceramics. I share the same love/hate relationship with those pesky but cute squirrels 😊 As always it’s a treat to have a virtual seat at your table. Happy Almost Fall! 🍂🍁🧡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you had me as soon as I saw those sunflowers! One of my favourite blooms this time of year! Your table certainly evokes the feeling of swirling autumn leaves despite the stifling temperatures. What fun napkins. I love the little tassel detail. So cute! The way you have set your flatware really caught my eye, and drew my attention to the pretty details of the handles. The pewter pitcher with the stunning yellow sunflowers is so pretty! Definitely has provided me with some autumn inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, your dining room is darling! How cute to pair the MacKenzie-Childs Wittika in the Peanut pattern with squirrels. How delightful! Like I told Rita, I love woodland animals, especially for fall decor. You have such a cute collection! I think the Wittika in the peanut colors is the perfect color combination for fall. I love your collection of it: You have very pretty pieces. I also like the detail on your napkins. The sunflowers look pretty with your collections, too. I will be visiting this post A LOT this season. Happy fall, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've set such a beautiful table with many lovely details, Sarah! The squirrels are adorable! Your guests will be blessed to enjoy a meal at your table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sunflowers are the perfect flower for transitioning to Fall Sarah, and yours paired with the beautiful MKC vase and plates are stunning. The branch tray in your centerpiece is so unique and pretty, and the plates, napkins, napkin rings and tortoise shell glassware were made for each other. I love the burlap runner and pleated placemats too. I know what you mean about the squirrels, they are cute but they dig up my flower pots! The do look cute in your Fall tablescape. Hopefully we will all be enjoying cooler temps soon!
    Jenna from the Painted Apron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you have an eye for such lovely details! I adore your abundance of sunflowers, the whimsical squirrel, and the velvety pumpkin. Happy almost fall--praying our weather reflects the season soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful table Sarah to welcome an early autumn. I adore sunflowers, so welcoming and cheerful. The burlap runner and placemats are perfect with your MKC Willika plates and tortoise glassware. Love the gorgeous flatware your chef selected. The squirrels are adorable. I, too have a love, hate relationship with the squirrels. Always a pleasure joining you at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sunflower array is so lovely. I appreciate the textures of the burlap bt what's really catching my heart is those sweet squirrels! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, you said it best when you said look how these elements compliment each other in texture! My goodness, your collections are so deliciously exquisite and seemingly unending! The Christofle flatware has always been a magnet for my attention each time you've used it (so perfect for fall), and the tortoise stemware would be high on my wish list of items to add to my own table elements. Your napkins this time with the runner are so handsome, and those rings are a perfect pairing with the M-C plates. Those sunflowers all across the table prior to setting are a perfect example of what an impact en masse "plantings" can have! Love the tray you used for the actual tablescape.display. I share your sentiments about squirrels but they sure are cute as figurines.
    Sarah, thank you for sharing your treasures and talent with us here as we welcome fall's coming. It cannot come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way your MKC Wittika plates emulate the inside of a sunflower and your burlap placemats as the petals, so cute! Your napkins with the little tassels are wonderful and complemented so well with the adorable napkin rings. Such a pretty table for the start of autumn!! 🍁☀️🍂🧡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, this is beautiful! I love how everything that you choose just complements each other perfectly, as you said, from the tortoiseshell stems to the MC dinner plates to those lovely tasseled napkins and table runner. The Christofle silverware is stunning. The sunflowers are perfect for your table and the squirrels are a darling element. It's all just lovely. Happy almost fall to you (sounds like the heat has been scorching there)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That runner with the pleats is just fabulous! Mixed with the pleated placemats I just love the colors and textures you used! It all came together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the squirrels scattered throughout the setting, Sarah. They made me smile and think of them running up and down trees storing nuts for the winter. The runner is gorgeous and definitely sets the tone for the rest of the pieces you chose. The pewter pitcher is lovely and the etching definitely makes it a stand out piece. Happy Fall!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lovely combination of interesting things and hooray for sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning, Sarah! I always enjoy a visit to your lovely home! I am always admiring and swooning over all of the pretties that you have. That French tray is stunning! I can see why you chose it. Your place settings are so perfectly paired and the colors are wonderful for an autumn table. The runner that you chose with the ruffled edge is so pretty, and sunflowers and dusty miller are such a beautiful and happy centerpiece. The cute squirrel pieces make the perfect finishing touch. I share your love, hate relationship, too with these creatures. They can be quite destructive. They have chewed trim pieces on the outside of our house and like to dig up my flower beds. I wish you a most happy fall season, sweet friend! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah, I love your moody welcome to fall, filled with the warmth of seasonal colors and the soft sheen of metals! The varied textures of your table items are delightful, and encourage a second look (or more!). Your squirrel decor is cute -- as are real squirrels, as long as they keep to the trees and the acorns, and leave my bird feeders alone. I always enjoy the many details you add to your table, but I was particularly taken this time with the table linens. The patterned runner is gorgeous, its pleated edge giving it a lot of presence. The embroidered napkins are simply striking and a wonderful complement to the runner. I hope you get to enjoy a bit of cooler weather this week and next. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So inviting and welcoming for fall - hope you get cooler weather soon! My Dad loved squirrels, so I enjoyed the walk down memory lane (He named the ones that scurried around the back yard and we all believed he could tell the difference between then - my girls and I still chuckle about that!). You have lovely treasures on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah, you would win the table setting category at our state fair hands down! And that French tray is stunning and caught my eye right away. I hope you won't be suffering with triple digits too much longer. Happy Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, I'm with you as I'm happily welcoming fall but still with dreaded summer temps. Your table setting is simply divine with the rich autumn colors and flowers. The burlap table runner is so charming and I love you added the squirrels. Hope you are enjoying the Labor Day weekend.......

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha Sarah - I totally sympathize with your squirrel dilemma - but they are so cute on your darling table! And I LOVE those tortiseshell glasses - your whole table is just beautiful! So nice to share the hop with you - Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.