Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Halloween Tablescape Bloghop ~ Tartan Spice Is Very Nice!


Tartan Spice Is Very Nice

Welcome to our Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop.
Once again, a big shout out and thank you 
to our leader, and hostess,
 Rita @ Panoply
the lady who keeps us organized and on track.
We have 17 tabletop stylists joining the hop today.
Links are at the bottom of this post.

You know autumn has arrived when bags of candy corn fill the 
grocery shelves and Starbucks offers pumpkin spice latté.
Give me my usual dark, rich blend of coffee,
although I do like the spicy fragrance that fills the air.

Seriously a harbinger of autumn, pumpkin spice is simply just 
a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cloves.  
My mom always mixed her own for pumpkin pie.
That's exactly what I do!

It's fun to see the rich brown flavor come together, much like
I mixed the the rich rusty brown colors of autumn here on my table
to create a Tartan Spice tablescape to celebrate Halloween.

Image by Linda Walker, MacKenzie-Childs Used With Permission
Recently inspired by the this image created and posted by 
Linda Walker, MacKenzie-Childs' resident florist and visual designer,  
I decided to pull my own MKC pumpkins gathered over the years
and group them with flowers down the center of my own table.

Those who joined me yesterday for Monday Morning Blooms,
saw my autumn inspired flower arrangement styled within my large
MacKenzie-Childs Tartan Spice pumpkin shaped ceramic tureen. 
You'll find that post here.

I transitioned the tartan spice punch bowl filled with the large blooms over to the buffet to mix in with my favorite autumn pieces of vintage MacKenzie-Childs in the Wittika Peanuts pattern.

I took the opportunity to mix in a few 
witches, black cats, and crows.

All my witches are friendly, 
and this one even chose a brown cat.

You can see these girls have a fun side!

Over on the table, I traded out the Tartan Spice container of flowers, popped in my large Courtly Check pumpkin and created 
a lower profile centerpiece for dining.

Notice the new Rosy Check pumpkins?
I'm not really drawn to pink, but am smitten with the new 
Rosy Check that MKC has introduced this year.
It plays well with my autumn color pallet, so I infused 
a few Rosy Check pumpkins into my mix.

Tartan Spice is Very Nice!
I chose this title because I seriously love the 
colors of autumn, especially in tartan form.

I layered my Williams Sonoma tartan chargers, atop a placemat stack of Courtly Check and rust, then added a dinner plate by 222 Fifth in Wexford Orange, topped with my Courtly Check salad plates.

Flatware is vintage L F & G silverplate w/ 
sterling ferrules and handles of French Ivory.

I used antique tartan napkin rings on 
the black and white gingham trimmed 
linen napkins from MacKenzie-Childs.

Stems are Denby and from our wedding registry.
Colored crystal was popular in 1975, so at almost
50 years ago, "my chef" and I were drawn 
to the earth tones of autumn.

The Tartan Spice punch bowl came with a black ladle and 
these darling mugs in two different tartan patterns.

White Rim with Black Dots 
and Black and Orange Plaid

Black Rim with White Dots 
and White and Orange Plaid

Lots of pumpkin spice 
details on this table!

The antique condiment chef is from France, 
a gift to "my chef" from French friends.
The underplate was a thrifty find and marked "Made in Italy".

The pumpkin S&L are ceramic 
and from the 1980s.

There is pumpkin spice cake 
waiting over on the buffet.

The cake was made by Whole Foods Bakery
and I added the little witch riding her cat.

My handsome pair of MKC crows
 add that festive touch.

Take a plate and have a slice.

The witches here at Hyacinths 
wish you a Tartan Spice Halloween.

Thank you for stopping by today.
You'll find more Halloween Inspiration at the links below.
Home is Where the Boat Is - Pink, Eek and Ghostly Sweets
Hyacinths for the Soul - Tartan Spice is Very Nice!   (You Are Here)
My Thrift Store Addiction - BOO-tiful Brunch Buffet
Thrifting Wonderland - Jellicle Cats Tablescape
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Happy Haunting
Life and Linda - Tea With Miss Pumpkinhead
The Painted Apron - A Frightful Night
Red Cottage Chronicles - Shadows of the Sky Halloween Tablescape

Don't forget your candy corn!


Also Joining
Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. What a warm and welcoming table - love all of your tartan plaids and pumpkins! Your hydrangeas are beautiful in your punch bowl - great idea! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, the fabulous collections continue from Monday Morning Blooms! Goodness, you have a wonderful assortment for every season! I am in love with your mix of plaids and patterns on the plate stack, spicy good! And all the primitive witches and cats make Halloween fun, not frightful. The gotaways fro me are the MC crow pair. I wish I had bought those when they offered them. I just think they're adorable in their masquerade attire. Your Wittaka Peanuts and Denby are just perfect for this season. (My crystal was also brown in 1977, and I still love it). I love seeing your chef tributes in all that you do. 🧡 Thank you for sharing your wonderful styling talent and collections with us at this party! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the trio of vintage looking paper mache cats with their festive hats are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.