Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday Morning Blooms ~ Welcome October


Welcome,  October!

Can you believe it is already the second Monday in October?

 That means we get to celebrate 
Monday Morning Blooms
with our friends, 
Mary @ Home Is Where the Boat Is
Pam @ Everyday Living
Lidy @ French Garden House

Today I have the honor of joining as guest "bloomer" 
to share a little flower therapy of my own.

A friend recently stopped by with a huge 
bouquet of gorgeous mop-head hydrangeas.

I don't think I've ever seen any 
hydrangea blooms this full and long.  
Seriously I cut off much of the long stems, 
yet some of the heads are still a foot long.

Image by Linda Walker, MacKenzie-Childs Used With Permission
Recently inspired by the above image created and posted by 
Linda Walker, MacKenzie-Childs' resident florist and visual designer,  
I decided to pull my own MKC pumpkins gathered over the years
and group them with flowers down the center of my own table.

I wasn't sure how to style these giant beauties!
My first thought was to use a tall container because
of their enormously tall and full blooms.

It seemed a bit awkward among the pumpkins, 
so I grabbed my large Tartan Spice Pumpkin punch 
bowl and pulled it into service as a vase.

To add some interest among these large blooms,
I found some interesting ruscus stems that 
had been painted with two shades of metallic paint.

I bought two bouquets of each shade to add to the hyacinths  
and think the glistening of the metallic leaves adds a nice touch.

I recently saw this clever comment that made me
think of my growing MacKenzie-Childs pumpkin patch.

The first rule of the pumpkin budget is.  .   .   .
We do not talk about the pumpkin budget.   ~ @prairiegardens

~ Courtly Stripe Pumpkins ~ 
~ Orange Flower Market ~

~ White Flower Market ~
~ Royal Toile ~

~ Courtly Check w/ Gold Leaves ~
~ Courtly Stripe with Falling Gold Leaves ~

This year MKC introduced  
Rosy Check pumpkins.

I like the way the 
orange and pink play together.  

The large plaid pumpkin shaped container filled with the huge 
blooms certainly commands attention and has been a 
boost to adding autumn vibes to our home.

Anyone who knows me, 
knows I'm a flower loving girl.

I grew up in a home with a mother who gardened and who
kept fresh cut flower blooms throughout our home.

When I married the love of my life, 
he would bring me bouquets of fresh flowers and
frequently had fresh flowers delivered to my classroom.

Without a cutting garden, I depend on shopping at
Trader Joe's each week for very affordable fresh blooms.

If you are lucky to have a Trader Joe's in your area, 
you'll find a wonderful variety of seasonal fresh 
cut flowers at very reasonable prices.

I bought a single bouquet of these fall Gazania
and as you can see I filled several small vases.

Magnolia leaves fill my MKC Wittika Peanuts pitcher.
The leathery underside of these leaves is perfect for autumn.

Orange Alstroemeria are also the
perfect blooms for fall and last for weeks.

A couple of the mop-head hydrangea blooms broke off, 
so I simply added them to this metal Mud Pie gravy boat. 
With the wooden acorns, it is quintessentially fall.

It should be no surprise to see that fresh flowers 
fill containers here and there inside our home.

With the onset of autumn, I also begin to enjoy our terrace, 
filling containers with blooming color and pumpkins.

Petunias in mixed colors are happy blooms, 
but won't last past the first freeze.

I filled this French piece with 4" pots of mini roses.
It easily moves from indoors to a table outside.

It's fun to mix faux and real pumpkins in among 
these vivid, blooming, narrow leaf zinnias.

What can I say?   I'm truly a fan of orange.
Especially in autumn!

My cutie topiary kitty, sports a seasonal bow
to welcome autumn to our garden.

Please return tomorrow to see how I've tweaked the pumpkin patch to accommodate a Halloween tablescape as I join 16 tablescape stylist offering up inspiration for Halloween.

Hop on over to visit my friends at the links below.


Pam @ Everyday Living





Caw, Caw ~ Happy October





Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Sarah! What a beautiful array of MKC pumpkins! I adore them surrounded by that handsome Tartan Spice punchbowl serving as a vase. Those panicle hydrangeas are beauties too and I love how the ruscus stems pick up the stripe in your vase. I laughed out loud at the pumpkin budget quote… a girl after my own heart. At least your growing pumpkin patch doesn’t get composted like mine does every year. 😊 I’m enamored with the new Rosy Check collection by MKC too. I so miss having a Trader Joe’s close by. You can’t beat them for their selection of fresh flowers, produce and seasonal treats. Love seeing all your collections decked out for fall and I ADORE your vignette with your owl and pumpkins among the zinnias! Thank you so much for joining us today. Happy October and looking forward to your Halloween table tomorrow. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.