Monday, August 5, 2024

Monday Morning Blooms - Squeeze the Day With a Burst of Citrus

Welcome to 
Monday Morning Blooms
 when August's version celebrates citrus. 

I'm always thrilled and honored to join my talented, 
flower loving friends, Pam, Lidy, and Mary.

Thank you, friends, for inviting me to join as a guest host this month as we welcome August and "squeeze the day with a burst of citrus."

When Pam and Mary invited me to join their citrus themed 
Monday Morning Blooms, my thoughts went to the 
yummy palette of delicious citrus colors of 
oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and limes.

What a joyful palette for selecting flowers!
Yellow roses, a given as they are long a favorite for me.
 My mother and I had an ongoing tradition of sending each other yellow roses as a way to say, "Smile, and be happy today."  
Yellow Alstroemeria or Peruvian Lily 
 Sprigs of Goldenrod
Orange Wood Lily

I had the treat of spending a few weeks the end of July in the
mountains of Colorado at my cousin's beautiful River House
along the Frying Pan River in Basalt, Colorado.

Sunday Farmer's Market, Basalt, CO
What better inspiration than shopping the Sunday
Farmer's Market with all the colors of fresh produce.

Add in the gorgeous flowers 
blooming on the property .  .  .

Fresh mint in the herb garden .  .  .

I was totally inspired for a post 
with the colors of citrus!

Though artichokes are not in the citrus family, nor currently in season,  this Italian majolica artichoke centerpiece was a fabulous find
while we were out shopping at our favorite thrifts in the area.
You will likely see it many times this fall as artichokes 
come into their prime season and are a favorite dish.

Believe it or not, the Colorado days were super sunny and warm.
I opted to serve ice tea with a squeeze of lemon and a sprig of mint. 

I picked up lemon and pistachio 
macaroons from a local bakery,


Along with these 
delicious key lime tarts.

The beautiful Arte Italica pewter pedestal cake stand 
was another thrifty shopping score.

With a perfect setting along a flowing river with mountains
in the background, I moved our tea tray outdoors.

I wish you could hear the water flowing 
and smell the fresh mountain air.

Join me for a sip of tea 
and a citrus treat.

Embrace the last days of summer 
with a little citrus afternoon teatime.

Be inspired as you savor the beautiful 
posts of my flower friends at the links below.

Mary @ Home Is Where The Boat Is

Pam @ Everyday Living


Squeeze the Day With a Burst of Citrus


Also Joining
Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

11 comments:

  1. Sarah, how fabulous to be in the mountains of Colorado beside the Frying Pan River. Butch and I have traveled many times to Colorado to enjoy the Rockies and all of their splendor. We snow skied for many years and Colorado was our go-to place. Your flower arrangement of yellow roses, yellow alstroemeria, goldenrods, and orange wood lily is beautiful in the majolica pitcher. The Italian majolica artichoke centerpiece was a fabulous find and I know you will show off its beauty in the autumn season. Iced tea with macarons and key lime tarts would be lovely seated by a river with fresh mountain air.

    Sarah, it is always a pleasure to have you join us for Monday Morning Blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sarah! What a beautiful post and way to start the day with that gorgeous landscape and river setting by your cousin’s home! Your citrus color palette of flowers is beautiful in your majolica pitcher. What a find your Arte Metallica pedestal stand and artichoke centerpiece were! I don’t have that kind of luck when I’m thrifting. 😀 Your lemon and pistachio
    macaroons sound delicious, I love those flavors together. I hope you’re enjoying your getaway and drinking in that gorgeous scenery. We’re so happy to have you join us for some flower therapy. Squeeze the day! 🍋💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having fun:) Travel is your second nature.What a great girl you are doing these trips.I am happy for you.Luscious bright lemony palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to enjoy a trip to your cousin's house in beautiful Colorado! I love the flowers you chose for your arrangement, and your sweet memory of you and your mother sending each other yellow roses. Your tea tray is lovely, especially in the outdoor setting with the mountains in the background. Such a pretty spot to sip ice tea and enjoy a sweet treat! It looks like you had fun shopping too! You have certainly Squeezed the Day!
    Jenna from the Painted Apron

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely your arrangement and tray vignette is in the beautiful river setting in Colorado.I'm amazed at the gorgeous majolica pitcher and pedestal stand being found thrifting. I don't have that kind of luck. I can imagine how pleasant it was to set up your citrus table for MMB in the pleasant temps in Colorado! It was fun to visualize you there.
    The triple digit temps I read this morning for Texas were brutal later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your Colorado location looks like a real retreat, Sarah! What gorgeous finds - thrifting, really?? Arte Italica?! The majolica is swoon-worthy. I just love the rich colors found in the vintage pieces. I can easily see why your surroundings inspired you. Your florals and foods are an inviting complement to the environment. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, your posts are always a little haven of beauty. I love the citrus floral arrangement and the beautiful pitcher in which they are placed. And such a grand time and place to visit. The treats look lovely, the setting even more so. And with a market and all sorts of beauty around you, methinks you must be in seventh heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special to have a getaway to a lovely Colorado. Your tea tray is so beautiful. How special to find the Arte Itaica and artichoke pieces. A great way to celebrate and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous setting, and I love all the pretty vintage finds, too. What a wonderful trip, especially this time of the year! I know you said that it was warm, but I'm sure it was a nice break from Austin's heat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sarah, how wonderful to spend some cooler days vacationing in Colorado. What fabulous finds you found while thrifting. I’d love to sit, chat and sip with you in that gorgeous setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely post. I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful flowers and reading about how you and your mom sent each other yellow roses. It's amazing the finds you can find at thrift stores! I have a weekly ritual of hitting the farmer's market for organic produce.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.