Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Tales of the Traveling Tote #29

Rabbit, Rabbit
Can you believe it is already December 2021?

Welcome to Tales of the Traveling Tote #29.
I'm sharing a quick look at a few special events this edition.

Our Sadie girl is spoiled!
She now has her own private spa curbside.

Joelle, Sadie's longtime groomer and best friend, started
her own mobile grooming business this fall.

Joelle now comes to her, and as you can see,
Sadie isn't the least bit nervous or upset.
She loves Joelle!  

Thank you, Joelle!

Miss Merri Mac and I popped over to wish my long time friend
congratulations on celebrating 43 years in business.
The Menagerie is the place to go for fine jewelry, 
exquisite tabletop accessories, and special gifts. 

 I've been attending the Round Top Antique Market 
for decades, though I haven't attended since COVID.  
 Miss Merri Mac and I hopped in the car and made a quick trip  
this October to meet a BFF who flew in from Cape Cod.
I didn't have the luxury to devote to a fun day of shopping,
but I could take a quick getaway for lunch.

When November rolled around, 
we were invited to a surprise 50th birthday party for
a good friend who lives just up the street.  
His wife invited lots of friends and had a food truck as a surprise 
to greet him on his return from an out of town trip.
Happy Birthday, Kelly!

A few weeks later we were invited to a cocktail party
to surprise my niece on her 50th Birthday.
I invited Miss Mini Mac to join me.

It was great fun!

Happy Birthday, Samantha!
50 years of JOY!

Debbie @ Mountain Breaths is hosting our giveaway.
Be certain to leave her a comment to be entered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to visit all the adventures below.
Debbie with Miss Aurora @ Mountain Breaths 
Emily with Miss Courtney ChildsThe French Hutch
Jenna with Miss Coquille @The Painted Apron
Linda P with Miss Lola @ Life and Linda
 Patti with Miss Kenzie @ Pandora's Box
Rita with Miss Luna C Panoply 
Sarah with Miss Merri Mac @ Hyacinths for the Soul (You are here)
Jackie and Miss Madi K @ Purple Chocolat Home
Ricki Jill and Countess De Monet @ The Sketchy Reader
Cherry Kay and Miss Carrie Ann Hall @ Entertaining Women



Joining






Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

15 comments:

  1. So cute Sarah! Our girls enjoy mobile grooming at our front door too. Such fun photos of Joelle and of her holding your tote and Sadie too! Congrats to your friend on her 43 years in business...wow, what staying power and no small feat, especially after the last two years. Happy Birthday wishes to your niece, I’m swooning over Miss Mini Mac. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun autumn for you! Doesn't it feel good to be able to go to a few events? Love your necklace you wore with your black outfit! Hoping you and Monnie have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie:)And look at you..sense of style plus..I follow an IGrammer who collects jewelry such as your necklace..you might like her..@sandrasallin great taste..an octogenarian with a zest for life.I find her inspiring:)
    Love Mini Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have your groomer come to you!! My hairdresser comes to my house and we have family haircut day, and she does everyone, it's such a treat and lots of fun. I'm so glad you were able to see friends and go to parties, Miss Mini Mac is gorgeous! Your niece looks adorable in her birthday tiara, what a great party. I would love to visit your friend's shop, I bet it is a treasure trove~ On to December and Christmas fun Sarah!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO, I can't believe it's already December! Oh Sarah, I love how Sadie is so sweet with her groomer, how cute is that photo. The Menagerie sounds like a lovely shop, wish I could go there with you for a fun outing. Glad you had a nice lunch with your bestie, I'm sure you've missed Round Top. The surprise party sounds like a fun time for you, love all your pics. Great bag, how did I miss that! Your stylish outfit was a perfect choice for you, love it. Have a wonderful December Sarah...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, your adventures were each very special, including Sadie's latest pampering! Love your Miss Mini Mac, and you wear her well. Tres chic. For your friend to be in business 43 years is a HUGE accomplishment! Kudos to her (and she looks as though she started business as a teen!) Happy December to you also. May you enjoy good health throughout the winter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun post Sarah. How special for Sadie to have her groomer show up at your house. The Menagerie sounds fabulous. How special to be in business 43 years. Such a fun birthday party for your niece. Miss Mini Mac is adorable with your lovely outfit. Happy Holidays Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, I think Sadie deserves all the things, including pampering! She is so cute, and I can tell she loves Joelle. How convenient for you and Sadie!
    I love your outfit for your niece's fiftieth birthday. She's darling, too!
    I've always wanted to attend the sales at Round Top: It's definitely on my bucket list!
    Have you decorated for Christmas yet? Is your tree up and decorated? I'm hoping to get most of the decorating done today.

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sadie's special spa treatment, Sarah! Happy 50th birthday to your adorable niece! Your Miss Mini Mac is so darn adorable, and the perfect companion for you and parties. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A curbside spa sounds like loads of fun and a lot better than spa-ing in the bathtub with Sadie! I love the idea of the food truck for an outdoor birthday party with others. I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy December, Sarah! You had some fun activities and celebrations during autumn. How nice for Sadie to now have curbside spa and grooming. You look so chic, and I love Miss Mini Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Sarah,
    It sure sounds as if you still enjoy life and so does your fur baby Sadie!
    We have to keep enjoying the little joys of life.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, I love that sweet Sadie can be pampered by her friend Joelle! How convenient for you and Sadie, and a fun social event too. I love the outfit you chose for your darling niece's fiftieth birthday. Congrats to your friend on her 43 years in business. I always enjoy seeing Miss Mini Mac too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What unique and fun times you have had recently! You looked so chic at the birthday party for your niece.Love your outfit and Miss Mini Mac. Great memories.
    How nice to have grooming service right at curbside. Sweet relationship you have developed with Joelle. Great picture with Sadie, Joelle, and Miss Merri Mac.
    Congratulations to your friend for 43 years in business.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day for your pup! And also a fun time for you recently!! I'm happy to have featured your post at this week's Share Your Style #328 for you. <3

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.