Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Buzzing About


I've been buzzing about to get our garden
 back to normal after our severe winter,
so today I'm thrilled to join a group of talented ladies
to celebrate the bee, an essential garden helper.

Welcome to Bee-utiful Table Settings
If you buzzed over from Corner of Plaid and Palsey
I know you enjoyed Ann's colorful table.


"Give and Take ~
For to the bee a flower is a fountain of life
And to the flower a bee is a messenger of love
And to both, bee and flower,
the giving and the receiving is a need and an ecstasy."
                           ~Khalil Gibran

This symbiotic relationship is one of the marvels of nature.
Flowers provide the pollen and nectar that bees feed upon,
while the bees spread pollen as they buzz from bloom to bloom.
It's this pollination that allows the flowers to reproduce.

I took a break from working in the garden 
and set a table for two on the terrace.
Bees and flowers were the theme.

The pink hydrangeas made a perfect centerpiece 
along with a few of my bee inspired ceramics.
The beautiful Pfaltzgrapff  honey pot is a recent gift 
from a friend, and the vintage salt and pepper was a long ago find.
It's marked Marnutono Handpainted Japan.

The lavender plaid paper runner from Hester and Cook is the perfect touch for the dusty rose Crown Linen Design placemats and napkins.

Plate Stack Details
Dodie Thayer Lettuce Ware by Tory Burch  
Williams Sonoma's Green Flower, Famille Rose Series 
Spode Bone China, Irene 
Collingwood England Bone China, Windsor

V
Mother of Pearl Flatware
English Antique

Marble Honey Comb Napkin Ring 
~ Williams Sonoma ~

Honey Thyme + Earl Grey Mousse Tart
for our afternoon sweet treat.

Made by Fluff Meringues and More, Austin.
Honey thyme custard in a shortbread crust topped with an 
Earl Grey mousse encased with toasted Swiss meringue.

Rachelle @ My Hubbard Home is your next stop.
Buzz on over to join Rachelle's 
French Country Tablesetting.

Anton Janša, the pioneer of beekeeping, 
was born on May 20, 1734.
World Bee Day is celebrated on May 20th to recognize  
bees and other pollinators as vital to our ecosystem.

I set a Bee Kind table in 2019 to celebrate 
World Honey Bee Day.  
You can visit  here.

Thank you to Debbee for organizing this 
Bee-utiful table hop.
Don't miss these beautiful tables!
Links Below

French Inspired, Royal Bee Theme Table & Napkin Fold  Debbees Buzz

Hive Rules ⚜ Home is Where the Boat Is

Kings Corners for the Queen Bee ⚜ Panoply

Sweet Yellow & Grey Bee Tablescape ⚜ Corner of Plaid and Paisley 

Buzzing About ⚜ Hyacinth for the Soul (You Are Here)

Bee French Country Tablescape for Entertaining ⚜ My Hubbard Home

Bees & Sunflowers Tablescape ⚜ Life & Linda

Bee Table for Two ⚜ Zucchini Sisters

Thanks for buzzing by.
Joining
Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

23 comments:

  1. Haha, Sarah I need your sunglasses! Oh my, where do I begin? I think with the gorgeous napkin rings of marble in that hex shape. Your stack of assorted treasured plates with cup & saucer are really superb (that Windsor tea cup's leaves transparency and detailed handle - wow!). The H&C table runner is a great complement to the CL textiles. And not to overlook the artistry in that dessert - that's really a nice touch. I love the vintage salt & pepper, and your Khalil Gibran 'Give and Take' is the epitome of the relationship balance in the garden. Need and ecstasy....love his poignant words. Bee-utiful, Sarah, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You decorated such a pretty bee themed table. I love the plates and the table looks just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee still my bee loving heart! I’d love to buzz about your table on your terrace Sarah! I adore your plate stack (as always!) with your pretty dish layers including those bee-utiful CLD placemats and napkins and wonderful napkin rings. I’m coveting your vintage salt and pepper set too! And your Honey Thyme + Earl Grey Mousse Tart...too pretty to eat! Your wonderful sunglasses brought a smile to my face too. ;) As always it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy Wednesday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sunglasses too!:) Lovely Sarah..everything♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Sarah,
    You sound like you yourself have been a buy bee.
    Lovely photos as usual.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you always create beautiful tables! What a delight it would bee to sit on your terrace and indulge in that amazing tart. I am smitten with the WS napkin rings, they are stunning. Crown Linens napkins and placemats are perfect. I need your sunnies...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you have a wonderful mix of vintage and newer finds on your table. The green and lavender/dusty rose colors are perfect for a spring table. And setting it all outside for an alfresco meal on your terrace is really lovely. I would want to sit out there for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah my dear, oh how I want a seat at your table (and all your tableware too lol)! What a bee-utiful lavender and green color scheme. And, the dishes layered in the stack create a stunning setting. The Spode pattern is gorgeous. Those meringues are just so special and have me ready to jump on a plane. They are perfectly displayed in the cupcake stands, of which I'm lucky to have 5 of myself. But, boy do they take up storage space, huh? I can't bee-lieve I never saw that quote bee-fore --- as Debbee I should be ashamed of myself. I also have the same frame on my bedroom dresser. Will have to incorporate it into a future vignette. Thanks so much for sharing your talents in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Sarah, such a delightful post. I love all your bee themed items. You are so blessed in Austin to have fabulous pastry shops like Fluff Meringues and More. Have you blogged about them before? The bee hive pastry is adorable and looks delicious.
    I got a kick out of your sunglasses! Too cute for you!
    Your bee tablescape on your lovely terrace is exceptional. Every item is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So delightful Sarah! Your table is abuzz with pretties! I love your gifted honey pot and your plate stack makes me swoon! The table on your patio under that gorgeous tree is a heavenly place to relax and enjoy, and wow, that sweet treat looks amazing! Wonderful bee fun!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table Sarah. How i would love to join you. beautiful flowers and those linens, gorgeous. I know you share many fabulous pastry shops. This one takes the cake as well. Darling sunglasses. Love your alfresco table you set. Taking a break from gardening is a must. Enjoy Sarah. always a pleasure buzz along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah!! Not only is your table absolutely gorgeous but the whole setting of your terrace is just wonderful!! It looks like such an enchanting place to sit and enjoy a special afternoon catching up with a dear friend. I have learned so much about all things bee today!! I think what I enjoy the most about your table is the color combination of the soft lavender with the brighter green, just so pretty!!! Love it all!! It is always wonderful to see your tables!❤️🐝

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything on your table looks so inviting, especially that mousse tart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there, Sarah! Sorry your garden got slammed this winter. Putting it all back in order is a labor of love, but it’s still LABOR!!!!!🙃 I love this table setting. You have GREAT pieces for this theme! I particularly like the napkin rings. When I enlarged the photo I could clearly see the honeycomb imprint on them. Slick!!! That Williams Sonoma...they have some of the neatest stuff! Happy Gardening to you! Have a safe and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a flair for setting a table! This is so pretty and I would certainly enjoy spending an afternoon on your patio wit you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much. I am also in the Bee Theme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Weekend Sarah! I could envision you setting this beautiful table with all your bee treasures. So fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the theme of bees for table settings, Sarah. You have a beautiful combo of china and accessories that really bring the theme alive. Those cute salt and peppers are perfect for this! And I love the napkin rings, too! What a delightful table!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Sarah, you really did go all out setting this lovely table celebrating the hard working bee. I love how you gathered some of your bee themed treasures to set this table on the terrace. Such a beautiful backdrop for you two to enjoy your afternoon treat. Pink hydrangeas for your centerpiece are lovely paired with the lavender H&C runner and Crown Lined Designs napkins and placemats, gorgeous. The plate stack patterns are stunning! After the harsh winter your terrace is looking well tended. Our veranda suffered severe losses with potted plants. We've been spending a lot of time replacing those and shrubs in the beds. Next year it should look nice again. A few more work days and I'm calling it quits for yard work! I'm scrolling back through this table setting, so much to be inspire by. Happy week sweet friend......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, your patio looks bee-utiful! I love the pink buffalo check table runner...I can't believe it's paper! Your plate stack is lovely with it's shades of pink and green. The Crown Linen ruffled placemats and napkins are so pretty and feminine and look divine with the mother of pearl flatware and marble bee napkin rings. The tart displayed under the glass looks so delicious! I would love to pull up a chair at your table :) It was fun to join you on this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I love the flower-and-bee themed table! All the details are perfection! :D Everything is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely table! It would be hard to choose a favorite element, but I'm particularly drawn to the linens.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how I'd love to sit and visit on your terrace, Sarah, and see all your pretty bee themed pieces in person. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.