Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Pumpkin Wishes and Candy Corn Kisses


Welcome friends! 
 It's the season of pumpkins and candy corn.
Brach's Candy Corn to be exact!
What would Halloween be without 
pumpkins and candy corn?

Welcome to our Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop.
A big thank you to Rita @ Panoply
who gathered a group of bloggers to share some
fun ideas for setting a tabletop for Halloween.
A list with links of all sharing in this 
hop is at the end of this post.

Those of you who are frequent visitors might recall
that I'm part of a group of girlfriends who have been gathering for holiday dinners for over forty years.
Tonight is my turn to host.

I'm not the chef my husband was,
 so rather than cook, I ordered our dinner from a local market 
and put my effort toward setting the table.

Not inspired to pull out my usual Halloween decor this season, I decided to do something a bit different and pulled out
our set of Japanese inspired Imari plates from Gumps
I paired them with similar themed placemats from Caspari.

I'm calling my unconventional Halloween table
Pumpkin Wishes and Candy Corn Kisses!

This evening there will be six of us around the table, 
laughing and sharing an evening of friendship.  

I added an assortment of dried fall flowers to the top 
of Baby Boo pumpkins and placed them at 
each guests' seat as their party favor.

Place cards directing each guest to make a wish 
are tied to little bags of candy corn kisses.

Flatware is Sienna Talisman by Christofle.
This elegant French flatware was created using an ancient technique called Cloisonné that uses silver with lacquer.
The Art Deco inspired design pairs nicely with Imari.

Denby stems in Mirage Brown were wedding 
gifts from our wedding registry.

I purchased an assortment of fall blooms from Trader Joe's
to fill a variety of containers to group as the centerpiece.

This one is a small fluted 
basket shape with a handle.

A low round sectioned dish with 
claw feet adds interesting texture.

While this petite fluted piece sits on a low pedestal.

This one is my newest brass addition.
It's oval with exquisite lion's head handles 
and sits atop cute little feet.

I also included this small Nippon Japanese 
vase that had belonged to my mother-in-law.

This French chef piece is actually a condiment dish.
It was a gift to my husband from friends in France
and my touch of whimsy for this table.

I noticed this fun cake embellished with pumpkins 
and candy corn at the Whole Foods Bakery.

It fit the theme and gave me an excuse to use my new
green bamboo dessert set from Vivo Veronika.
This flatware is imported from Italy. 
Go take a look at all the beautiful choices.

Make a wish, indulge in some candy corn, and take
a look around your own home to find some inspiration
to set your own individualistic Halloween table. 

Have a fun time visiting all the links below and
Happy Halloween!

Home is Where the Boat Is - Halloween Rules
Hyacinths for the Soul - Pumpkin Wishes and Candy Corn Kisses (You Are Here)
Everyday Living - A Grand(s) Halloween Party
The Bookish Dilettante - October Vignette: Think Pink!
Thrifting Wonderland - Dinner With Ghoulish Gourds
My Thrift Store Addiction - Elegantly Eerie Arachnophile Tea Party
Life and Linda -  Happy Boo Tablescape
The Painted Apron -  The Witch's Hat
Me and My Captain - Black is the New Orange
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Broom Parking - Halloween Tablescape
Red Cottage Chronicles - Orange and Black Halloween Tablescape

Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

23 comments:

  1. Sarah, I love your warm color palette and your candy corn themed cake is darling! It's always a pleasure to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is set to perfection!! The little babby boos with flowers attached are adorable - did you make them? I would enjoy being part of your dinner group, especially sitting at this table!! Too bad we are so far away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendsgiving:) They must have felt so special:) Every little attention to detail:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, your table is beautiful and party perfect! The flower topped baby boo pumpkins with ribbon and candy corn kisses are such a wonderful party favor for your friends. The plates and flatware are gorgeous! I love the way you grouped the pretty flowers in several containers in the middle of the table and kept the arrangements low for conversation. The cake is perfect!! I know everyone must have had a lovely time 🎃
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I love your beautiful dinner table for six friends! I can just imagine the fun and laughter. The Japanese inspired Imari plates and the Caspari placemats are perfect for a girls night. The individual Baby Boo pumpkin arrangement are a fabulous party favor, who wouldn’t want to take one of those home?! Wow, the Cristofle cloisonné flatware is stunning. How special to use your wedding Denby stemware. The centerpiece of gorgeous flowers and collected brass vessels is just so lovely. As I have said so often, your attention to detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table has all of the perfect vibes for a Halloween dinner party! The baby boo pumpkins with florals atop them are delightful, as are the variety of containers filled with colorful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you've brought together an abundance of fall beauty with your tablescape. The Sienna Talisman utensils by Christofle are beautiful and work well with the plates and smoky amber glasses.
    Have a fun Halloween
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, sometimes I am speechless( and you know that’s NOT,me,lol) at your creative eye , composition ,treasures and attention to details! Simply gorgeous! The boo’s look perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, your table is stunning! The plates and flatware are so unique and pretty and I love all your containers of flowers in the center. The whole effect is gorgeous. Your guests must have loved the baby boos and candy corn and I hope you had a wonderful evening. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be still my heart Sarah…the flowers! And what a beautiful table you’ve set for your dinner with friends! I know they will be thrilled to have seat at your table with your exquisite setting and beautiful floral pumpkins…what gorgeous mementos and sweet takeaways, along with pretty drawstring bags of candy corn. I love how the Caspari placemats frame your Imari plates and pair with your Christofle flatware so beautifully. And that cake….! So pretty and perfect for your theme and sweet ending to your dinner. As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy October 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sarah! This has to be one of the most beautiful Halloween table I have ever seen. Your plates are stunning, and paired with the darling little embellished pumpkins is gorgeous! I am one of those "weirdos" who actually love candy corn, so I would be right at home at your table! I can only imagine how much fun you and your gal pals had!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, your table is gorgeous with your exquisite Imari china. Love your new bamboo flatware. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Trader Joe's has amazing flowers. The baby book pumpkin party favor are so lovely with the bloom and candy corn. The cake looks fabulous! I bet your lady friends had a ball dining with you. I am always happy to join you on these fun hops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing candy corn decorate Halloween tables, but I confess to it's not being a favorite candy to actually eat. The 'trick' part of 'trick or treat' I guess, lol! Nonetheless I love your table and I'm totally awed by your flowers and how you presented them in a variety of lovely, interesting containers, each one lovelier than the last. That cake is perfect for Halloween dessert. Enjoy your Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty table, Sarah! The Japanese inspired plates from Gump's are gorgeous for fall! I also love all your pretty floral arrangements. The candy corn wishes party favors are so sweet and are a very special touch. Your green bamboo set is fabulous! I love that shade of green. Your Cloisonné flatware is stunning, too. Happy Halloween, Sweet Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am such a fan of flowers and loved how you used them in this tablescape. Such beautiful colors that really represent the season. I did have a soft spot for the cake you showed. It looked yummy and the perfect treat for the table. Happy Halloween! Have a wonderful week.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who says a Halloween table has to have ghosts or jack o' lanterns? I love this! It's elegant and sophisticated and yet the colors bring warmth and the candy corn a bit of seasonal whimsy. I am wild about that cake -- I hope it was as delicious as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am delighted to see variations on this Halloween tabletop blog hop! Sarah, your collections exude class and style, and each time I see them assembled I ooh and aah over your impeccable design and taste. I also was prompted to pull out my standing fox bowl like yours (I almost forgot about him!). The Imari, Caspari, Christofle, and Denby are unsurpassed for fall appeal, and the flowers! Oh my, so beautiful in the token boos as gifts with candy corn, and in the centerpiece vessels chosen. I love the nod to your chef in the condiment set and the cake is pure fun! What a gift you bring to your circle of friends with this table! Thank you for participating, and bringing your unique perspective and style to this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, your Halloween table is beautiful!! I love the turn you took on an unconventional table - this just looks so appropriate for your gathering. I bet your guests will approve of ditching the spookies for so much loveliness. The gorgeous dinnerware is complemented so wonderfully with your floral pumpkins!! The cake and the candy corn were just enough to remind everyone that there are some treats but no tricks!! Very special!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's all so beautiful, Sarah. The Imari plates and colorful florals are perfect for fall. I know your guests loved and appreciated your amazing table and floral gifts. I've always loved the candy corn color combos for October. Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I loved every bit Sarah. Imari is gorgeous and my favorite and combined with the caspari mats was awesome. The flatware and florals and cake all so awesome. What a wonderful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sarah, I read through your post twice as I just couldn't take it all in ...it is lovely. The cake, oh my gosh the cake is almost too pretty to eat. Our Whole Foods is about 15 miles away or I would have jumped on my broom and headed over to see it we had such a cake. LOL I did link up with the Vivo Veronika website and oohed and awwwwed over the flatware. I have two sets of bamboo flatware in two different shades of bamboo but the green wowed me! I happen to love candy corn so I would have been the guest asking the others..."are you going to eat those". LOL. It is always fun to hop with you. Have a great October and an even better Fall. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen cloisonne jewelry but never flatware - absolutely stunning! This whole table is just gorgeous - from the flowers to the Imari plates to the Denby glassware. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.