Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Christmas Joy

Christmas Joy! 
Welcome to our Christmas Tablescape Blog Hop.
Eighteen bloggers have come together to share their 
inspiration for your holiday entertaining.

A sincere thank you to Rita, our amazingly organized 
and talented leader and author of the beautiful Panoply 
You'll find a list of all participating blogs at the end of this post.

Deck the hall with boughs of holly,
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!
'Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!

I had decided to forgo a complete table setting and
instead share a simple idea for Christmas Joy on your buffet.

As I was working on my setting, the doorbell rang.
Nothing says Christmas Joy like an 
unexpected visitor with a holiday gift.

My precious neighbor, Madeline, had brought me a sleigh with 3 little gnomes and a clever package of cocoa mix with marshmallows.
What perfect timing for my Christmas Joy Buffet!

Imagine my delight when this darling child, 
 with paper and scissors in hand said,
 "If you have time, I'll show you how to make snowflakes."

Let's take a peek at the 
little details that make this special.

Of course flowers are always my first thought!
Did you know that pink lilies stand for 
love, femininity, and admiration?
They are the perfect "pick-me-up" flower!

I added two multi-flower stems to this beautiful 
tall scalloped pewter pitcher from Arte Italica.
It's the perfect size and shape to offer that special touch!

My Vagabond House Gentleman Elk fits right in.
The detail in the art and humor of this piece inspires.

Elegant gilded "Celebration" plates from Smashing Plates were added
 to my silver tiered tea stand, and then filled with sweet delights.

Key lime tart, mini pepperment meringues, peppermint almonds,
 mint malted milk balls, and cannolie in previous photo.


It's so simple to pick up a variety 
of sweet treats at your local bakery.

Gingerbread cookies and cream puffs too.
All reindeer approved!

I tied this darling Madam Reindeer to the stand.
Just add some satin ribbon to a favorite ornament 
and you're all set with a whimsical touch.

Isn't she elegant in 
her pink tulle and furry cape?

I had already prepared Mariebelle Aztec Hot Chocolate.
It was my Chef's absolute favorite for his mugs of hot chocolate.
The charming reindeer spoons are vintage by Object d'Arte.

I love the whimsy 
of anthropomorphic art.

We topped off our mug 
with the mini marshmallows.

Before Madeline left, we scattered 
Reindeer Munchies for the herd to enjoy.

If a complete tablescape is not in your plans,
style your buffet for a special touch.

Open your heart to the 
Joy that knocks on your door!

Be certain to visit all the links below:

Debbee's Buzz - Unique Holiday Peacock Theme Tablescape

Home Is Where the Boat Is - 'Tis The Season for Plaid & Peppermint

Panoply - Nutcracker Classic Christmas Tablescape

Everyday Living - Old TIme Christmas

My Thrift Store Addiction - Enchanted Forest Christmas Tablescape

Thrifting Wonderland - A Hunt Breakfast Christmas Tablescape

Hyacinths for the Soul - Christmas Joy (You Are Here)

From My Carolina Home - Vintage Christmas Tablescape

The Painted Apron - December Birthday Celebration

The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Candy Land Breakfast

Life and Linda - Plaid Tidings with Santa

Pandora's Box - Where the Treetops Glisten

Celebrate and Decorate - A Christmas Tablescape Wrapped Up for the  Holiday

Me and My Captain - Snow Was Falling Gently on the Streets

Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Dreaming of a Christmas White and Sweet

Dinner at Eight - Cozy, Bright and Classic - A Holiday Table

Red Cottage Chronicles - Cranberry and Gold Christmas Tablescape

The Bookish Dilettante - Christmas Sweets





Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

26 comments:

  1. Sarah, Your trayscape of sweet treats and buffet would bring joy to anyone! What a sweet and thoughtful delivery by your neighbor. I love the whimsy of your collection of reindeer, especially your dashing gentleman elk. Your vintage reindeer spoons are so charming, who wouldn’t want to stir their mug of hot chocolate with one of those? You’ve been on my mind and in my heart. Wishing you more joyful visits and deliveries this December. Merry, Merry ❣️🦌🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,you are the luckiest woman in the world to have such a sweet neighbor. It's one thing to bring cocoa -- super nice and generous. But quite another to say "Let's make snowflakes!" That's a treasure. Of course, I can see why she'd love being in your beautiful holiday home. Your table is simply lovely! Wishing you lovely joy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, so wonderful to have such a delightful impromptu model arrive just in time for your holiday display. The handmade snowflakes were a nice addition to your hot chocolate buffet. Gentleman Elk is charming and works so well with your Italian pitcher and the reindeer spoons are perfect for spooning hot chocolate. Wishing you a very Happy Holiday!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline is charming and a visit from her would brighten anyone's day! What a fun craft to make snowflakes and how sweet to bring you a little gift. Its amazing how children can lift your spirits with a visit! Your buffet table is set so cute for afternoon coco and treats. Cute reindeer spoons (they remind me of my santa appetizer forks!). Enjoy the holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that Madeline dropped by to spread some Christmas JOY, Sarah! Your buffet tray looks so stylish with its reindeer theme and all the yummy treats. Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, your tray is wonderfully adorned with whimsy, treats and prized treasures. How sweet your neighbor Madeline surprised you with a sleigh with cocoa. Love that she wanted to show you how to make snowflakes. Priceless. The treats looks delicious as your handsome elk gentleman. The reindeer spoons are so unique. Madam Reindeer is so elegant. Always a pleasure joining you. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I love your buffet and tray of sweet treats that I would certainly enjoy. The hot chocolate that your Chef loved looks so delicious and I might need to order it. The Vagabond House elk is so handsome. What a wonderful unexpected visit from Madeline, who is a doll. Her gifts and the offer to show you how to make snowflakes is very thoughtful, she is a charming young lady! Your attention to detail and selection of sweets warm my heart on a cold and rainy day. Thank you for spreading joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your adorable treasures. What a pretty buffet and your dear friend stopping over to enjoy is the best! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lodha Hinjewadi project provides roomy apartments with the first city facilities. Lodha Hinjewadi is extraordinary and exquisitely lovely. Lodha Hinjewadi developer is required to give the town a well-liked living area that contains new brands with a practical design and offers within the premium well-known building in order to encourage early booking in the project.
      https://www.apsense.com/article/lodha-hinjewadi-developer-top-class-34bhk-in-pune.html

      Delete
  9. Sarah, this is just delightful! I smiled all the way through your post! The sweet little deer are adorable, and who can resist a Fa la la scarf! How sweet that your neighbor brought you such a cute treat and you had a special mug of hot chocolate together. Your tower of sweets has my mouth watering, and I love that you scattered some munchies for the reindeer! Your velvet wreath on the window looks so pretty too. Love the reindeer spoons!
    You have gathered so many wonderful things for your "trayscape," thank you for the fun!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah! I love your gold and white deer and what a thoughtful gift--so fun that you included your little neighbor's hospitality in your post! Wishing you a joyous Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, your neighbor is adorable and what a special treat to have her come for a holiday visit! Enjoyed seeing your festive buffet setup and more of your wonderful tableware and decor collection. Especially love those gold and white deer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nibbles look scrumptious, you are all set for all kinds of drop by visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, this is such a cute idea that I might do this next year. I like your little neighbor and her input. How cute is she! You have some of the most special and unique collections. The gold and white reindeer are so pretty! The pink lilies and magnolia leaves make a gorgeous arrangement. Madame Reindeer overseeing the treats is so cute...the pretty satin ribbon is perfect! I also love the anthropomorphic spoons. They are very dapper and festive! I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas, Sweet Friend! XO, Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Madeline stole my heart!!How adorable and sweet..I can teach you:):):):) Of course I love the white and gold reindeer one lives here:)I think I would fancy a Falalala scarf:)I have a ribbon swag on our tree that says that..Cream and gold:)Madam Reindeer is truly vavavavoom.The Gentleman Elk is five stars.LOved this post.xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, a visit from a caring neighbor like little Madeline with little goodies and time to spend to do crafts is the greatest gift of all. Her visit truly helps turn the buffet into a treasure trove of love. All of the sweets had me licking my lips. I am a big fan of cannoli. And, of course, who can say no to gingerbread cookies. I adore your deer spoons. They are so unique and work beautifully to stir up a cup of that delicious hot chocolate with marshmallows. Madeline seems to enjoy the reindeer in tulle and a fur coat. It is darling. I am so happy that she came to spread more Christmas Joy. Have a Merry Christmas, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah, your buffet looks so sweet! Perfect for the season and to share with your darling neighbor, I love those quirky reindeer spoons!! I hope you have a lovely Christmas season.🕊

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely reminder of how the smallest table tops can showcase special holiday ornaments and treats! What a sweet, generous neighbor you have! I'm sure she enjoyed the visit as much as you. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah I echo all the above ladies in their description of your buffet tray and your sweet visitor. That is what the season does...it brings out the best at just the right time in our lives and how joyful to be making snowflakes together. I could use a cup of your favorite hot chocolate with the little marshmallows as well as the company of a sweet neighbor. Merry Christmas and thank you for showing us something just a little bit different but timely just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah, what a sweet gesture by Madelaine (and the offer to show you how to make snowflakes, how cute!). It's truly a gift to be able to find joy in the little gestures as those. And your buffet dressed in holiday spirit makes me smile many times over. The elk candlestick captured my heart right away, and yes, I also love the anthropomorphic art. The bakery goods are as unique as the little beauties placed into service. I love that braided velvet wreath above the buffet also. I hope you continue to find small joys in the little things that have made your life as wonderful as it is. And I'm so happy you returned to join the stylists in this blog hop. Happy Holidays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sarah, this melted my Merry heart. Having a sweet neighbor come to visit with cocoa and supplies to make snowflakes is truly joyous. Your buffet tray made me smile as only you can do with your unique Christmas decor. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shapoorji Pallonji Golf Vista buy residential property most liked has been dubbed a famous all-time luxury make and appears to be a highly high living area. Shapoorji Pallonji project most new brands amenities to new brands residents' houses who are new brands in the project. Shapoorji Pallonji Golf Vista buy right luxurious residence very unique living project at a property beautiful
    For More Information calls us: - 020-71178598
    Visit: - https://shapoorjipallonji.ind.in/shapoorji-golf-vista/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a delightful surprise to have a visit from that sweet girl! I love to have a casual buffet area set up with an assortment of Christmas cookies throughout the holiday season should friends and neighbors stop by! Your buffet display is just adorable with all of those cute little reindeer! Thank you so much for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful that you had a sweet visitor stop by! I love your buffet set-up, and your adorable collection of reindeer! So cute. The pink Lillies are so pretty, and a nice ad a nice feminine touch. Your tiered tray of treats are top notch, and making wish I could have reached in the screen and grabbed one or two! A very Merry Christmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Merry Christmas! Sweets looking epic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sarah. What a beautiful display and what a sweet and cute neighbor you have. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishes for a Happy New Year..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.