Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Colors of the Season




~ Autumn ~ 
Colors of the Season

Welcome to our Fall Tablescape Blog Hop 2021
A shoutout and huge thanks to our organizer
If you popped in from Linda @ Life and Linda, welcome!
I know you enjoyed her whimsical table setting.
A complete list of blogs in this hop is at the end of this post.

An arrangement of beautiful 
fall flowers inspired this setting.

Tucked in among the blooms was a slice of papaya.
It's the perfect touch of fall color for me.

Our days have yet to turn the corner into autumn, but that
didn't deter me from embracing the 
Colors of the Season 
at my table for one on the terrace.

No travel for me these days, so I used some favorite 
dinnerware to transport me to favorite scenes 
of upstate NY and thoughts of autumn days.
My mood had me reach for my cherished Machlachlan 
pattern with scenes from MacKenzie-Childs' tranquil 
Victorian farm overlooking Cayuga Lake in Aurora, New York.

Each piece depicts a different scene from the farm.
The salad plate above is a view of the Chicken Palace.

I adore the Courtly Check frame and gold details.
The octagonal shape adds more charm, as does 
the pretty purple and green rope edge.
So much detail on each piece.  
Truly works of art!

I love texture on my tables, 
and fall is the perfect season to layer it up.
A natural linen tablecloth, topped with 
ruffled burlap placemats offers an organic base.
I topped that with my favorite Caspari Orange Floral 
die cut mats with scalloped edges, and the rope edging
of the pottery is yet another layer of texture.

The beautifully embroidered Pottery Barn napkins have been 
part of my tabletop linens for years, and they offer. 
yet more texture and details of autumn.

The embroidery is meticulously stitched,
which definitely appeals to my sensibilities.  

The napkin ring by Joanna Buchanan is fun and buzzy 
with its striped jeweled bee on the faux tortoiseshell ring.

To top it all off, some pretty fall cookies
from a local bakery, Hayley's Cakes and Cookies.

Thank you for joining me at my table for one.
I hope the Colors of the Season have inspired 
you to set a fall table of your own.

For a different flavor of Colors of the Season
you can see a fall table from 2020 here.


More inspiration awaits at the links below:

The Painted Apron - September Pumpkins
Everyday Living  - A Welcome to Autumn Tablescape
Life and Linda - Poppies and Checks
Hyacinths for the Soul - Colors of the Season
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Fall Tablescape - Mixing Some Blues In 
Dinner at Eight - Easing Into Fall
Red Cottage Chronicles - Cozy Autumn Table
The Sweet Sensations - Welcoming Fall in Copper and Gold



Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

34 comments:

  1. Swoon Sarah…The plates, the embroidered napkins, the flowers, the bee napkin rings!! I adore the layers of color and pattern from the rope edging, die cut mats and burlap ruffles! Those cookies are a work of art and too pretty to eat. My eyes keep going to your gorgeous arrangement and beautiful orange parrot tulips...how stunning to add that papaya! Thank you for the beauty this morning; it’s a treat to join you at the table. Happy Tuesday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, dear Sarah!!Thank you for the eye candy... what a way to start my day! Your table is stunning. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is so colorful - It's still summer here, but we are currently in the mountains and the nights are cooler! Looking forward to fall days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, it is always a joy to see how you style your lovely Mac C collections. You have so beautifully captured the vibrant hues of fall! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Sarah! The plates are incredible, I don't think I've seen them before...they look stunning with the embroidered napkins and gorgeous fall flowers! The pumpkin cookies are adorable, what a wonderful early fall setting~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Sarah,
    You always manage a colorful table setting with great photos.
    Love the BEE napkin ring.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, your table is so inviting. AND the cookies are amazing. I wish I had that talent, but at least they are available to you. I always Love M/C as they are perfect any time of year and season. It is definitely Fall at your table even though some of us are yet to experience cooler weather...especially here in Florida where the higher temps reign.
    thank you for joining us with such a talented and beautiful table.
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, Everything is so beautiful, I don't even know where to begin. Those napkins are works of art as are those wonderful plates! The flowers you selected are the perfect complement to your table!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those napkins are so beautiful I don't think I could bear to use them as napkins! Glorious. And a beautiful table. I love how you incorporate all your MKC work with such beautiful flowers and dishes. It is the essence of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Sarah! You've elevated dining solo to a whole new experience. The embroidered napkins and embellished napkin rings are show stoppers, I love the hint of glam the bee adds to the setting. Swooning over the MCC plate also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, such a gorgeous table. The MC plates are so pretty and unique. Love the bling bee napkin ring and those embroidered napkins are gorgeous. The flowers are icing on the cake along with those beautiful cookies. Always fun to see what you create plus the pleasure of hopping along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, your table setting is lovely and the addition of those napkins made me swoon! I would love to sit at the table and enjoy one of the pumpkin cookies - yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, the PB napkins are stunning as are the napkin rings! The textures, layers, and colors are so perfect. Your creative eye always inspires me. I know it is a table for one, but I am enjoying my virtual seat! Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, your table is gorgeous! I love the Maclachlan pattern, and I regret never purchasing any pieces in it. Your napkins are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Sarah! Though it may be but one setting, you have selected exquisite elements for this setting! From the floral bouquet and muted pumpkins to the intricate and elaborately detailed plates to the die cut mats and gorgeous embroidered napkins - just wow! Thank you for bringing your keen sense of style to this tablescaping blog event for fall. I am so pleased you joined the group!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Sarah! All the details are wonderful and I love the fish layering. Your organic table pieces re perfect! Love the florals too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your table. There are so many layers and textures you don't know where to look first. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful table Sarah. Those Mackenzie Childs plates are my favorite of all their patterns. The napkins and napkins rings are exquisite. You are the queen of table settings. Happy autumn 🍂

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how lovely Sarah! Your colors of the season are such a beautiful way to start my day with my coffee. I don't have any of these pieces of MacKenzie-Childs and they are some of my favorites. I love the purple and green rope edge and that honestly makes me swoon. Love the assembly of the stack beginning with the ruffled burlap placemats. The PB napkins are exquisite as are the flowers. Well done my friend...........

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word, Sarah, those salad plates are indeed gorgeous works of art!! It’s like taking a trip right through them. Those napkins snd your napkin ring are so pretty. I’d be happy to sit and partake of those works of art cookies, too. 😋

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sarah, your table setting for one is gorgeous! I love the idea of setting a lovely table just for yourself to enjoy. The plate is absolutely stunning! I've never seen one like it. The embroidered napkin is the perfect accompaniment, along with the flowers and pumpkin cookies. It was nice to join you on the hop. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Sarah, I'm not part of your mutual blog group, but I have been a follower of your blog( and some of your group) for many many years. I am always so happy when I see a new post and just love your style and sense of joy! I just signed up to follow your Instagram, ( I don"t know why I had'nt till now). I was so enthralled, I looked at everyone of your abundantly beautiful photos! So lush ! Thank you for such beauty and joy! You friend, Sara

    ReplyDelete

  23. Such a stunning table Sarah. Those plates are my favorite of all the MC dishes. The napkins and napkins rings are so lovely, Happy autumn, and Happy September 🍂

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sarah, I love it when you bring out the Courtly Check!! And those salad plates are like a work of art!! I adore your embroidered napkins!! That is like a lost art!! And those cookies look too cute to actually eat!!! Wishing you a wonderful Autumn🍂❤️

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah, the dishes are beautiful and the napkins are stunning. Together with the gorgeous flowers they create a setting to linger over and savor. I'm not sure I've ever seen a slice of papaya -- it adds a special note to the flower arrangement. We're still in summer too, but enjoy fall when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sarah, your beautiful table for one has taken me on a tour of autumn! I am loving those MacKenzie Child plates with scenes from the property! Although I live in Canada, we are only about 2 1/2 hours from there and post Covid I definitely plan to take a visit! The embroidery on your napkins is perfection. And, those cookies! Oh my goodness!! Your flower arrangement in the MacKenzie Childs compote is stunning. I am always drawn to the flowers and you have chosen all the beautiful shades of autumn! Such a pretty table :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your table is charming. I love your sweet china too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table setting is stunning, everything looks perfect from napkins, flower arrangement and the cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sarah, you have the most wonderful eye for putting a table together. Love everything that you do..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sara, your plates are really beautiful with your table and napkins! I do love the MacKenzie-Childs look... I'm sorry I forgot to get over here last Wednesday/week to say that yes I did feature your post at last week's Share Your Style #318 for you. <3

    Lots of fun for fall,
    Big hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sarah, you set the most gorgeous of tables every time. They are all put together with color and pattern but never fussy looking, just classic and beautiful. Those napkins are very special..Hope you are enjoying autumn..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.