Tuesday, March 19, 2024

March Into Spring ~ Spring Tablescape Blog Hop


~ March Into Spring and Follow Me Down the Rabbit Hole ~

Welcome to our Spring Tablescape Blog Hop.
Once again, a big shout out and thank you to our leader, and hostess,
 Rita @ Panoply
the lady who keeps us organized and on track.
We have 18 tabletop stylists joining the hop today.
Links are at the bottom of this post.

I'm immersed in pink and green
welcoming spring into our home and garden.

Easter arrives early this year, so it's forced me to "march" right
into spring, filling containers with fresh blooms and pulling
 out the Easter decor of bunnies and decorative eggs.

The ostrich eggs above were painted 
by the talented, Pippa Goetz.

When I'm out and about on a walk or busy with errands,
I spy spring budding out all around me here in Austin.
It's as if a symphony of colors is singing as I go about my day.

All this spring fever had me eager to add a splash of  
MacKenzie-Childs' new Rosy Check to my table.
Just look at this darling floral pedestal!
Currently Rosy Check is only offered in enamel ware,
but rumor has it that Rosy Check ceramics are coming. 

I knew the Rosy Check chargers would  
be a perfect fit for my spring tables.

Today I share a table for four, set for 
a few of my favorite bunnies.

At two settings I paired Arte Italica velvet placemats in pear with
Rosy Check topped with Williams-Sonoma's Famille Rose 
salad plates in pink flowers and butterflies.  

A vintage Fritz and Floyd Asparagus cup and saucer in 
green and pink serves as a topper holding a decorated egg.  

The hand painted napkins in pink and green were souvenirs from 
a long ago vacation to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.  
The sterling bee skep baby teether used as 
a napkin ring is 19th century French.

Across the table, a different egg and baby 
teether grace a matching plate stack.


The opposite place settings feature the same 
Williams-Sonoma Famille Rose salad plates in green
and velvet placemats in the rose color.

The toppers for the two green stacks are vintage 
Bordallo Pinheiro bunny and carrot cups and saucers in pink.
The cute bunny figures were found at Michael's this season.

Crystal stems offer 
touch of sparkle.

I often add a little something at each pacesetting as a favor.
Flopsy and Cotton-tail each had their own circa 1940s, 
Made in Japan mini bunny vases filled with tiny blooms.

For Peter and Mopsy's place settings, I added a small 
Andrea Sadek bunny box on a nest of grass.

I used a silver galley tray to corral  
bunnies and flowers for my centerpiece.

I repurposed the white and green flowers from my St. Patrick's Day dessert station to fill some MacKenzie-Childs vases.

This MKC egg shaped vase was a limited 
edition piece a few years ago.

The petite silver cup with birdie is actually a toothpick holder.
I like to repurpose these vintage pieces as vessels for flowers.

This one is a double egg cup with a chicken.

Green fishnet bunnies fit right in.

The fishnet rabbits are by Andrea Sadek, meant to
mimic the classic Herend fishnet bunnies.
These are also hand painted, but budget friendly. 

Think pink and green.  
It's finally spring!

Hop on over to see all 
the spring tabletop inspiration.

Links Below:
Hyacinths for the Soul - March into Spring (YOU ARE HERE)
Home is Where the Boat Is - Easter Bunnies, Chicks, and Blooms
Life and Linda - Hippity Hoppity Tablescape
My Thrift Store Addiction - Birds and Blooms Spring Tea Party
The Cat's Whiskerz - Hello Spring
Belle Bleu Interiors - Bunnies and Blooms
Thrifting Wonderland - Simple Bunny Table Setting
The Painted Apron - Bunnies in Bloom!
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Spring Sprouts New Life
Red Cottage Chronicles - Spring Fling Tablescape
The Bookish Dilettante - Spring  Tablescape: Bookish Bunnies










Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

21 comments:

  1. I adore the rosy check MC Sarah and you have displayed it beautifully. And the fishnet rabbits are by Andrea Sadek are so unique. I don't believe I have seen them before. Your vintage pieces fit right in with all your touches of pink. It is always fun to tablehop with you. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Sarah! Pink and green makes me happy, and it's so perfect for the start of spring. I love your new Rosy Check, and how you've complemented each setting with alternate pairings of your colorway. The pear green and rose velvet placemats are so beautiful, but your way of using the Famille Rose and different majolica is very cleverly and tastefully done. I always enjoy seeing your accents from your collections. The hand-painted eggs, the napkins from Mexico, and the Andrea Sadek Herend-like bunnies are new-to-me beauties. Of course, those teething rings always wow me, especially that bee skep! And those little bunnies from Michael's are adorable. So fun, so springy, so Sarah! Thank you so much for joining the fun and sharing your style, Sarah. I'd love to spend time with you there. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sarah, I always look forward to seeing your collections and tableware, no matter what the season or holiday. Love your collection of beautiful eggs and sweet frolicking bunnies! Your new MKC Rosy Check makes such a pretty frame for your WS Famille Rose plates and I love the soft velvet of your Arte Italica placemats too. So many wonderful details to take in from the teething rings, now napkin rings, flowers, asparagus cup as well as bunny and carrot cups…Flopsy and Mopsy never dined in such style! As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy Spring! 🐰 🐇🐣 🐤 🐥 🌷💐💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your table ssettings - so many elements to look at! The baby teething rings ussed as napkin rings are always something that catches my eye! The grouping of bunnies and flowers on the tray make such a beautiful centerpiece. If we only lived closer together, oh how I would love to be at your table, listening to your tales of travels! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Sarah,
    LOVE your different vases and also the way you re–purpose them as a tiny vase.
    Perfect spring setting indeed and it is a joy for the eye.
    Hugs and wishing you a happy spring!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah, I love your first photo of the bunny hopping down "the rabbit hole!" Pink and green do sing Spring and you have so many wonderful things! The painted ostrich eggs are amazing and I love the needlepoint eggs. Your new Rosy Check chargers look great, and I know you will be using them in multiple ways. So many pretty tea cups and sweet baby teethers as napkin rings. The bunny peaking out of the tulip is irresistible! I love your centerpiece of blooms and bunnies, so pretty! Thank you so much for all the beautiful eye candy and Happy first day of Spring!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, Sarah. You had me at pink and green. The CL velvet placemats offer a stunning foundation for your plates. I love WS Famille Rose and have a collection to pass on to my granddaughters. The rosy check chargers are so lovely with your spring mix. I sound like a broken record when I say your attention to detail wows me every time. The bee skep teething ring is amazing. I love all of your collections and how you use them on your tablesettings. The painted ostrich eggs and the needlepoint ones are gorgeous. I would love to sit at this table and take in all of its details which means I might be there for a while! It is always a pleasure to hop with you. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, your spring table setting is absolutely charming! I really love your eclectic collection of rabbits and pretty placemats! Happy Spring and Easter blessings, to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your teething ring collection, Sarah - and how creative that you use them as napkin rings! Along with the repurposing of your gorgeous vintage silver, this table is calling to me! Love the pink and green velvet placemats, and the whole vibe of your beautiful setting. It's great hopping with you this first day of spring. Hope you have a wonderful season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first thing I did was giggle when I started reading your post because I love the cute little bunny butt in your first photo. *giggles* You truly have a gift of putting together disparate elements beautifully for a cohesive and gorgeous display. I always enjoy your posts, both on your blog and IG! I am so excited about the rosy check, but I'm holding out for the ceramic pieces because I don't really collect the enamelware. But after seeing it on your table, I might change my mind! I also love your pink and green color combination for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful stacks! I am dying over your hand painted napkins and the baby teether used as a napkin ring. Gosh so many pretty details. So fun to see your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many glorious bunnies grace your table and surroundings it's hard to pick out just one favorite. Love the pink and green combination on your table. The needlework bunny in those same colors really spoke to me. Love needlework displays and this one is so sweet. So many details are incorporated In your setting and they all flow harmoniously together. Lovely to hop with you.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, it is always a treat to see photos of your beautiful collectibles. You certainly have an eye for collecting unique items that evolve into treasures you use in such creative ways. Well done my friend..........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful spring table Sarah. I admire your ability to re-purpose things. The teething rings are such a nice addition as napkin rings. Your new Rosy check chargers are so pretty. I adore the pink and green you used. Beautiful flowers in your MKC vases. The WS plates are so eye catching. They tempt me. Those precious eggs are gorgeous. Such a lovely collection. Always a pleasure to hop along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table Sarah! You have such unique items and I love how you display them repurpose them from the ostrich and needlepoint eggs to the Herend-like bunnies to those wonderful teething rings now napkin rings. The WS Famille Rose plates are so pretty with your new Rosy Check chargers and pink and green velvet CL placemats. It was lovely to hop with you and wishing you a happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sarah! Your first image brought a smile to my face. Your entire table is a vision! I am crushing on the MC Rosy check pieces. Your collection of eggs, both painted and needlepoint (I thinks) are so festive and fun. Your glassware and silverware and gorgeous. I love the mix and match place settings as I always think it ads a casual elegance to a table. The antique teething rings are brilliant idea and fit so well on your table. I could certainly enjoy taking a seat at your table! Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy spring, Sarah! I adore pink and green! It is one of my most favorite color combinations. You have created so many beautiful displays throughout your home. You have so many pretties to admire. Your table is beautiful, and the centerpiece you created on the silver tray with bunnies and blooms is gorgeous! The new rosy check pattern is a stunner! I was watching QVC when they debuted it. I may have to add a few pieces to my collection. I collect the Flower Market Green, and I think that the rosy check would complement it perfectly. Wishing you a very blessed and happy spring! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah, your Easter table is filled with so many wonderful pieces that makes this such a special place to celebrate. I love the MKC rosy check plates!! The little bunnies you added from Micheals are adorable!! It all comes together beautifully!! I hope you have a blessed Easter!🐥💐🐇

    ReplyDelete
  19. How darling, Sarah! I love all your eggs but that petit point egg is just the best. Did you do that one? All the bunnies and eggs just make me smile, along with your springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, as usual you have outdone yourself. So beautiful and I love, love pink and green and it certainly is just right for spring and Easter. All the eggs are gorgeous and your collection of bunnies is wonderful. Hope you are enjoying this time with some beautiful sunshine..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sarah, you have collected such beautiful items for your tables. All the bunnies are sweet and I love how they're tucked here and there. The textures in the plate stack add interesting contrasts between the velvet, enamel and ceramic. In fact every detail is thoughtfully chosen and together they create a lovely Spring table. Greens with pinks are a perfect choice since they reflect the colors unfolding outside. And those flowers! Wow! Have a wonderful Spring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.