Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A Look At Christmas 2021~ Table Settings and Highlights

Christmas 2021 is but a memory now, but before the year's end
I want to look back to document a bit of our Christmas this year.

Our tree, as in years past, is decorated with special
ornaments collected through the years.  

Our Sadie girl likes to nap under the tree, and she
loves her new Christmas bowl and Santa lamb.

She likes to nudge her way among
 the gifts, sniffing out any food items.

The adorable Santa lamb, a gift from Joelle,
 her very thoughtful and loving groomer.

My Mother-in-law traditionally gifted us a small Christmas cactus
each December, so I like to continue the tradition in her honor.
A blooming plant provides the perfect floral centerpiece all season. 

Just the two of us for a simple Christmas Eve Dinner, 
but I made certain the plate stacks were festive.

A generous friend sent me an early Christmas package.
Included were a pair of gorgeous Kim Seybert tartan linen napkins
beautifully woven in a traditional blue and green. A delicate
embroidered gold star motif adds sparkle on the borders.
They set the stage for my choice of plates for dinner.

I've long been a fan of lighthearted checks and the complexities and historical significance of tartans from the Scottish Highlands. 
I knew immediately I would use the napkins with my 
MacKenzie-Childs Limited Edition Royal Check Star Plates.

My newly acquired Crown Linen Design black velvet ruffled placemats were a perfect base for green Zrike chargers, 
Juliska's Stewart Tartan dinner plates, vintage Spode luncheon plates,
Arte Italica Finezza salad plates, and the Royal Check stars.
The antique Mother of Pearl silverware added a touch of elegance.

Did you notice the darling Tuxedo Stewart Tartan napkin rings?
I've admired these Juliska charmers for a year, 
so Merry Christmas to moi!

We happen to have 
the perfect blue stemware.

The theme of the evening: 
~ Imagine Magic ~

A simple tabletop tree on the buffet will
take us through the coming winter season.

The branches of this Bethany Lowe green feather tree 
offer the perfect perch for the glitter birds and acorns.
Each bird carries a message.

 Wish ~ Hope ~ Dream ~

A trio of reindeer wait below.

Petite fours from a friend 
were the perfect sweet ending.

Christmas Morning started with ruby red grapefruit.
                                                                                                                                 
Same Stewart Tartan Tuxedo napkin rings, same Zrike chargers, and 
same velvet placemats, but I switched out the napkins for favorite 
Crown Linens with a crown design, Robert Stanley Home Collection winter plates, and cabbage leaf Bordallo Pinheiro bowls.

My guy requested waffles with .   .   .  

Maple syrup and melted butter.

Velvet and needlepoint stockings were hung,
but this year we opted to forgo any gifts to each other.
       
We did make deliveries to family and friends.

Vintage Santa figures were tucked here and there.

Including one from my childhood 
and one from my guy's.

The Santa figures like to mix and mingle
among the French faience.

Darling Byers Choice reindeer and a sleigh full of gifts
arrived as a surprise from a friend.

Vignettes feature Christmas 
needlepoint stitched long ago.

I've not had a needlepoint finish in a few years, 
so my goal this year is to finish a work in progress,
a Woodland Santa by Melissa Shirley.

A favorite counted cross-stitch pillow 
sits in the kitchen sitting area.

It's fun to pull out Christmas pillows.  
The needlepoint button tree was stitched decades ago and
embellished with vintage buttons from my Mother and Grandmother.  Are you a button collector?

I created a new tabletop tree this Christmas
that sits on a chest at the side entrance.

Some years ago, I discovered the unique ornaments offered 
at Coral and Tusk, and began to add one or two each year.
It was fun to pull them together along with a few other 
woodland theme ornaments to create a Woodland Tree.
Coral and Tusk offers unique designs embroidered on linen in
table linens, towels, pillows, and ornaments.
If you sign up and make a purchase,
you can use my code for $10 off.
Just copy and paste:

8c5dabceg49168c32



Still savoring the season here, but the elves and I will 
soon pack it all away and welcome a new year.


Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

17 comments:

  1. Dearest Sarah,
    Love your Royal Check star plates and even more since you live in the Lone Star State!
    You certainly went all the way out for your dîner pour deux!
    We had a calm but elegant Christmas Eve dinner and a hectic day after:
    https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2021/12/nothing-is-more-heavenly-than-handels.html
    Sending you hugs and best wishes for a Happy New Year,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for ALL of your posts in 2021. I can't wait for 2022. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I am loving all the Christmas decorations, vignettes and table settings in this Christmas post. Such a beautiful tree with what I'm sure is your memory tree. We call ours a memory tree, a way to remember when and where we were or gifts from family and friends. It's so sweet to see Sadie under the tree enjoying her new bowl and Santa lamb. I love the Christmas cactus display, beautiful. I have several, they bloom on schedule every year. Your signature place settings are lovely. The stack of gorgeous dishes, the black velvet mats, tartan napkins and the Juliska tuxedo rings look so lovely placed together. I love the little tabletop tree on the sideboard with its ornaments. I have to look at those, love the theme and messages. A delicious menu for Christmas morning and another lovely stack. Love how you place your little Santa's here and there, surly brings a smile to your face every time you see them. A sweet tree at your side entrance. I love to decorate my side entrance hutch with a few special pieces. A beautiful post Sarah. I'm working on one I hope I can finish and share. Happy New Year Sarah, to your and your guy...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love tabletop trees? It's always fun to add a new one and I adore your woodland themed tree. In fact, I love every single thing in this pst and would love to crawl into every picture for a 365 degree view! Your table setting is exquisite and what a lovely thing to awaken and see! And your breakfast sounds just delicious. What a wonderful choice for Christmas morning. Your sweet Santas with your Quimper and wonderful mantel -- and of course, Sweet Sadie. It all makes for the most perfect picture. It looks like a lovely holiday and certainly a beautiful one. Here's to a happy new year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so pretty and festive. Sadie is so adorable. I love your collections. The new table tree is lovely. How fun to visit and see all of this is person. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Sarah! Everything looks so merry and bright in your home from your trees, collection of wonderful Santas, pillows to festive plate stacks with beautiful tartan napkin rings! Merry Christmas to sweet Sadie. Love her beautiful new MKC bowl. Wishing you a the Chef a Healthy and Happy New Year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have so many collections! Thanks for letting us peek at all of them. Your needlepoints are beautiful and your holiday decor is delightful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, you have so many beautiful and unique Christmas things, and they really display your love of stitching and things handmade. I love Sadie's portrait and the gifted deer with his sleigh full of gifts. Your tables and place settings are festive and fun, I would have never thought to use Royal Check star plates for Christmas, but you tied them in perfectly! I wish you a Happy Healthy New Year!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, I enjoyed this wrap up of Christmas immensely. Each image is a feast for the eyes. Your plate stacks, trees, Santas, MKC all combine for beautiful vignettes. Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so pretty, Sarah. I love that you continue your mother-in-law’s sweet tradition with the Christmas cacti. Your centerpiece is so pretty. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a beUTIFUL POST.iT DOESN'T COME TO ME ANYMORE WHEN YOU POST.i WOULD HAVE MISSED THIS..THE LITTLE REINDEER YOU SENT ME SITS ON MY FIREPLACE MANTLE RIGHT NOW.aLL YOUR STITCHERY IS amazing.LOL Caps on was on I don't want to lose my comment♥So I will carry on.
    Did you stitch them all? I am in awe..From stockings to pillows..Sadie's painting is gorgeous.A perfect capture.I love my Christmas cacti..none have that perfect shape..they have lost limbs with weight etc..misshapen!Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely lovely Christmas. It looks like it was wonderful. Wishing you and yours a blessed 2022. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, Your home is decorated so beautifully with your lovely curated collections and handmade pillows.Everything is so festive and has so much charm and personality.
    What a sweet memory of your mother with the Christmas cactus.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sarah
    Happy and Healthy New Year!
    Your decorations are beautiful and I can see many are treasured vintage ones collected over the years. I also like to collect vintage Santa Claus statues. I also have a few Christmas cactus plants that seem to thrive in our dry environment and bloom a few times during year

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, I love your combination of so many beautiful things. From vintage to modern and with traditions along the way. Your little vintage trees are charming and needlepoint pillows, it all tells a beautiful story of your Christmas celebrations. Your McK-C collection is stunning and fits in beautifully with all of the cherished pieces. Your tree is so lovely and your Sadie, your little puppy knows the best place in the house to rest....under the tree along with the gifts. I feel so nostalgic after viewing all of your pictures. I hope your holiday was a cozy one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful treat to see all your lovely Christmas goodies. I adore each piece and went thru your photos several times. Of course the tartan tableware and accessories are a favorite, but the Coral and Tusk ornaments are a standout. I purchased a few of their items several years ago for my daughter, but hadn't been back to their website. So glad I found them again. Thanks so much for sharing this post. Just beautiful. Sorry I'm just getting by to visit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah, you set the most beautiful table of anyone I know. You have the best eye and the collections to go with it. I need to have new glasses then I am hoping I can get back to doing needle work. That Santa is adorable..Happy New Year..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.