Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Too Cute to Spook, Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop


Too Cute to Spook!
Welcome to our Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop!
I'm one to embrace the whimsical side of Halloween.
Please join me for simple tray settings to celebrate 
 Halloween with a little cuteness.

Our precious long time friend 
Mary McCachern of Home is Where the Boat Is 
passed away on September 27th after a short illness.
Mary will be greatly missed here in our tablescape community.
Mary is a longtime cherished friend, and though we never met in person, we texted and emailed and shared a closeness with shared interests and love of gardening, celebrating holidays, and setting tables.  Mary's passing leaves another huge void in my life.  I see Mary in every beautiful flower, every lake view, every kindness she showed me though the decades we have shared a friendship across the miles.  My heart is broken!  Rest in peace, dearest friend.
My sincere condolences to Mary's husband, David, and to her family.
I know her girls, Chloe and Gracie, ran to greet our 
precious Mary that Sunday morning.  

Halloween is just weeks away.
A big thank you to our leader and hostess,
 Rita @ Panoply, 
the lady who keeps us organized and on track.
We have 12 tabletop stylists joining the hop today, with a void of missing our friend, Mary, who so loved Halloween.
Links are at the bottom of this post.

I purchased this stack of paper napkins several years ago, 
and they are the inspiration for my whimsical setting.

I've recently been inviting friends over for lunch on occasion to enjoy quiet conversation and catch up on daily life.
Rather than setting the table, I've been serving a light lunch
on individual trays so we can enjoy lunch out on the sun porch.

I found some paper hand towels that have a cute whimsical
border with more "Too Cute to Spook" figures.  I love the muted stripe background and that each end has this same cute border.

Years ago, the Quimper factory FAB in Quimper, France, created a pair of Halloween plates with whimsical witches.
This one with a jack-o-lantern border.

The other with a border of little ghosts.

Then I topped each with a
MacKenzie-Childs heart plate,
in the limited production Ginger Check.

Candy Corn mugs for coffee and a sweet treat 
of orange soda for our beaverages.

I added a little more whimsey with these 
straw toppers from the $ bin at Target.

Just a little extra for our 
sweet orange soda.

I used my Arte' Italica Crown Linen checkered napkins
with simple pewter napkin rings and mother-of-pearl flatware.

Whimsical cookies are our dessert.

You pick!
Puppy in a ghost costume.   .   .

Or a candy corn creature?
Let me know your favorite in the comments.

I have a pair of these darling Halloween doggie dish towels
that I thought would be fun as chair covers.
What do think?

More whimsey in the dining room with cute boxes filled with flowers, 
a little Halloween tree, and MKC crows ready to celebrate. 

Thank you for your visit today.
Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by and
include your name if you do not have a blog account.

Please click the links below to enjoy my friends' tables

Happy Halloween and don't forget to
add a touch of whimsey!


Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

13 comments:

  1. Sarah, your touches of whimsy are absolutely darling for this Halloween hop! I enjoyed the first photo with the macro views! I was able to enlarge and see all the details, many of which you didn't even mention! I adore the dish towels as chair covers, they caught my eye immediately! The MC crows are my elusive got aways, and nearly impossible to find. But for.me, the creme de la creme are the Quimper specialty plates, oh my! I don't remember ever seeing those and they are spectacular! A table for lunch to share life happenings with a friend is quite special. I will choose the doggie ghost cookie, in honor of Mary. How sweet it is to mention Chloe and Gracie waiting to geeet her. Her passing is a huge loss for us all, but nothing compared to David's loss. May she rest in everlasting peace. 💔

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! This is my kind of Halloween table. I am all for cute and adorable at Halloween.
    Enjoy the Fall season my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I always look for your MKC and you did not disappoint! I love the limited ginger check especially with the doggie cookie. How adorable is that. I choose that cookie tho the candy corn one makes me want candy corn too. At first I thought the doggy cookie was a sandwich and I was imagining how you cut the bread slice to look so darn cute. 🥴 It is good that you are having luncheons to 'catch-up' on news etc. Don't ever give up on your friends...we all go through periods when we really need our friends. God gave them as a gift to us. Of course this makes me think of our dear Mary...she will be so missed not only by us, her blogging friends, but by David and her family. It was such a shock to hear of her passing so quickly. We will miss her wonderful comments on our tables and her constant inspiration.
    Have a great and wonderful week...Before we know it..The Holidays will be upon us. 🍁🍂🌻🏈💕
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, your table is so cute and colorful and I know Mary would appreciate the kind thoughts as well as your lovely table styling skills. She will be greatly missed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This table is adorable! I find the room as interesting as the table and I enlarged pictures so I could see all of the details. Truly beautiful. What I was astounded to learn was that Quimper made Halloween plates. I have long been a fan of their other plates, but I need to do some investigating here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah your table is table with so many cute whimsical details. Love the darling cookies. I prefer the doggie one. The doggie towels make the sweetest chair covers. With MC great vase and crows, this is lovely. I love the idea of serving your plate stack on trays in your sunroom. I am so happy you are entertaining friends. You find the cutesy accessories too. Always a pleasure hopping along with you dear Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, your Halloween tablescape is so cute! I had no idea Quimper made witch plates. They are fabulous finds! They are perfect with the MacKenzie-Childs ginger heart-shaped plates. I love every little detail of your vignette. Brava, Sweet Friend! Happy October and Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, I love your whimsical tray settings. Those Quimper plates with the whimsical witches are charming. I don’t think I have ever seen them before. The MKC heart plate in the Ginger Check is perfect. I am a fan of candy corn, so I love the mugs. The cookies look delicious. Thank you for sharing your love for our dear friend, Mary. I am heartbroken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, your title is perfect for your post because everything really IS to cute to spook! What a great idea to serve lunch on trays so that you and your friends can take them into the sunroom to enjoy. The Quimper plates are darling and I love the ginger MKC heart plates on top. I'll have a doggie ghost cookie thank you. Like Rita, I had to zoom out to catch all the wonderful details here; the tree is so pretty and the crows are absolutely adorable. I love the collection of whimsical figurines on the window sill and the doggie dish towels are perfect as chair covers. What a wonderful setting for your friends to visit before lunch. Your tribute to Mary was so touching and I love the idea that Gracie and Chloe were there to greet her. She was truly a special lady. Take care down there and wishing you a happy October and a wonderful Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely and practical way to serve a lunch destined for the outdoors, Sarah. the trays are a great idea and keep everything contained and pretty. Your cute little plates, tree, and other whimsical touches keep the Halloween celebration light and lively. Your guests will truly feel welcomed to a "cute and whimsical look at Halloween. Your tribute to Mary was heart felt. She was a lovely and talented lady and will be greatly missed.
    Lynne, Thrifting Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your whimsical settings. So much eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to carry a cute luncheon tray outside for ladies (and cute witches) who love to lunch together! I always so enjoy your tables and style.
    Your tribute to Mary and her love of Halloween and all things wonderful is so nice. And in her honor I choose the fun puppy cookie! I love the colors and joy of the chair covers. Thank you for such a lively and lovely luncheon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.