Rocky Mountain VibesWelcome to a little taste of autumn in the mountains of Colorado.
Autumn Tablescape Blog Hop is here once again, so a big shout out and thank you to our leader and hostess, Rita @ Panoplythe lady who keeps us organized and on track. We have 14 tabletop stylists joining the hop today. Links are at the bottom of this post.
I'm fortunate to be an occasional guest at my cousin's mountain home and always look forward to times spent in this peaceful spot any season of the year.
Read River House sits along the
shore of the Frying Pan River.
It's a log construction with a massive two story living and dining space that looks out to the flowing water.
I visited the last week in August which was
still too warm for a cozy fire.
My cousin's collection of antique wooden containers
with brass and copper details provide interest
when there are no logs burning.
Looking down from the upstairs landing you get an idea of the space below.
The table is set for the three of us to enjoy an easy dinner of soup and salad.
We started with a simple board of fresh bell peppers,
cucumbers, and jicama sticks to dip into hummus.
Notice the gorgeous wool textile spread
across the long dining table.
The vibrant colors of the peppers are a nod to fall, and reflect the gorgeous colors of this woven antique textile.
Using fresh produce on the table is a simple, easy way to create interest when you don't have fresh flowers as a centerpiece.
Case in point, a wooden dough bowl filled with
fresh Colorado apples is the centerpiece.
We like to shop the local farmer's market, and fortunately the Colorado apple harvest
starts end of August and goes through October.
either side of the dough bowl to add an extra touch.
Lauren also has sets of these amazing footed pewter servers which have glass inserts for our delicious soup.
The acorn finial detail is the
perfect nod to autumn.
Place settings are a simple stack of woven placemats, pewter chargers, and vintage majolica green leaf plates
The whimsical pewter bear napkin rings are also vintage.
The heavy pewter chargers set off the vintage Bordallo Pinheiro plates with a green embossed
leaf design and brown dot edges.
Green salads are served on side plates.
Just look at this simple, yet elegant
presentation for serving soup and salad.
Bon Appรฉtit
Part of the joy of being a guest at Read River House is getting to play with all the tabletop treasures.
clear blue skies and fresh air.
Welcome Fall!
Enjoy all the fun and fall inspiration at the links below:
Good morning, Sarah. Your cousin’s mountain home in the Rockies is beautiful and how special that you can visit and enjoy the clear blue skies and fresh mountain air. The board of fresh veggies and hummus looks delicious and wool textile is definitely gorgeous. Fresh apples in the wooden dough bowl is lovely in its simplicity. How perfect are the Arte Italica tea lite votives. The embroidered napkins are stunning resting on the vintage majolica green leaf plates. I immediately took note of the amazing bear napkin rings. Soup and salad presentation is autumn perfection. Lauren’s home and tabletop treasures are stunning. I know you loved getting to play with the treasures to create a beautiful welcome to autumn Tablescape!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your attention to detail! Wishing you a beautiful September!
Ha! Sarah I laughed out loud when I saw your little bear napkin ring! That is just darling! And then I drew in my breath at those wonderful mountains and river. What a beautiful place! And how nice that you get to visit your cousin’s home. It’s lovely. Mmm - the fruit and vegetables look delicious, and I love the pewter on the table. What a perfect vacation – gorgeous place, home, and table!
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah, the bear napkin rings are just darling and visiting your cousin is a lovely way to welcome the new season! Happy almost fall!
ReplyDeleteSarah, how lovely you can get away to visit your cousin’s lovely mountain home and take in the beauty and the fresh mountain air. The table is lovely with the woven placemats, pewter chargers and the majolica green leaf plates. The embroidered napkins are so pretty, especially with the darling near napkin ring. I think soup and salad are a wonderful meal. The pewter pieces and dough bowl filled with apples are so welcoming. Happy September.
ReplyDeleteSarah, as a native Kansan, hopping on Interstate 70 for week-end visits (and longer) to the beautiful state of Colorado are sweet memories for me. I love all parts of Colorado and your cousin's home is so beautiful and indicative of the treasures this great state holds...Even when we lived in New Mexico, we still managed frequent trips up Interstate 25 to get our 'fix'. (It also helped that our son and family lived in Buena Vista and Salida.)
ReplyDeleteThe soup and salad menu was perfect and I drooled over the pewter pieces. (thanks for the overhead view as those photos were magazine worthy.). I love the fresh apples in the dough bowl and sweet bear napkin rings are so cute and apropos for the mountains and running creeks. We have also camped in the Rockies and yes, there are bears everywhere. I especially loved your cousin's fireplace with her collection of antique wooden containers with all their brass and copper detailing.
Thank you for sharing as it made me long for another visit to the gorgeous state of Colorado
Kari @ Me and My Captain.
Oh my goodness Sarah, your cousin Lauren has a beautiful home and impeccable collections! That wood container collection at the fireplace is drop dead gorgeous. The place settings are awesome with the pewter and the Bordallo Pinheiro plates. And the linen napkins with the pewter bear napkin rings are just outstanding. The weather outside appeared to cooperate beautifully with your tablescape. I know it had to be a refreshing visit being there in Colorado with your cousin, and a real joy to be able to play in her dish inventory. Thank you so much for being a part of the blog hop and participating with yet another gorgeous collection.Happy September!
ReplyDeleteWOW - she has some lovely and interesting pieces! What really caught my eye are the napkin rings - they are precious! The soup and salad looks delish and you were so lucky to be a guest there often!! Happy Fall!
ReplyDeleteSarah, what a beautiful setting for a fall table! What a blessing it is to be invited to your cousins Mountain house, and I love that it has a name! The scenery is stunning. The adorable bear napkin rings are such a fun element —they’re such a perfect little touch for a mountain home. The fresh apples in the dough bowl and that gorgeous I love using fruit as a centrepiece. Not only is it budget friendly, but looks so good. Your place settings are so pretty, and the pewter votives are a nice touch! Looks you enjoyed a delicious meal too :)
ReplyDeleteI see good taste is a family trait. Your cousin's table is lovely! I agree in that I love fresh produce on a table, especially in the fall. The pewter bear napkin rings are darling paired with the napkins from Coral and Tusk. I have a friend who collects pewter, and her tables are always so pretty, especially in candlelight. The plates are so pretty: The perfect transition into autumn. Happy fall, Sweet Friend!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Sarah - how wonderful to be a guest at your cousin's beautiful home in the Rockies. The table is so lovely with the pewter chargers and BP vintage plates with such a pretty pattern. The napkins are beautiful and the bear napkin rings are perfect for the setting. The apples in the doughbowl, soup in the tureen, and salad on the side all make for a lovely presentation and a delicious meal. The mountain shot reminds me that I live just 45 minutes from our Rocky Mountains and don't visit nearly often enough. I heard that they got their first snow on Sunday, which is just about on par. Thanks for sharing all this wonderful mountain inspiration and wishing you a very happy fall!
ReplyDeleteSarah, thanks so much for giving us a glimpse of this beautiful mountain home of your cousin's!! It looks wonderful. The table set is perfectly for a fall with all of the acorn details and the beautiful linen napkins. Those bear napkin rings are adorable! How fun to have family to visit where you can play with their dishes!!! Enjoy your trip and your fall season!๐๐ซ๐๐
ReplyDeleteYour cousin's home is stunning, Sarah, and the scenery amazing. I can see how a visit here would be very restful. The place setting you created fits the setting beautifully. Love that the plates reflect both the cabin and the outdoors with their use of brown and green. I have those same plates and they are quite striking. Pairing them with the very detailed bear napkin rings reflects the mountain setting and brings it to the table. Enjoy your time with family.
ReplyDeleteLynne, Thrifting Wonderland
Wow! You and your cousin love the same things I love! First off, your cousin’s home is gorgeous. How wonderful that you can enjoy time there in that beautiful home and area. The pewter chargers and bear napkin rings are perfect, along with the acorn details. The soup tureens and the gorgeous salad plates are perfect for a lovely lunch in the mountains.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking us there. And thank your cousin as well. Happy Fall!
Sarah, what a wonderful treat to be able to explore another's collection of tablewares to set a seasonal table! I'm crazy about the pewter bear napkin rings, and the serving bowls for soup. Pewter brings such warmth to tables, akin to copper, and is perfect for fall and winter tablescapes. The intricate napkins pair perfectly with the majolica plates. The area surrounding the house is gorgeous -- I can imagine how relaxing and enjoyable it is to be there! Have a wonderful Fall, wherever you spend it.
ReplyDelete