Friday, October 31, 2014

Bewitched!






Oh, my!

 Look who appeared on my

door stoop late Monday evening.





She must have flown in to join her

sisters of the Black Hat Society

who reside here at Hyacinths for the Soul.





Meet Fredericka!





No doubt Fredericka, with her rosy cheeks

and sunny disposition, will fit right in.

She has her own special wand for 

spreading good deeds.





There is another chapter 

of the Black Hat Society who 

live in our neighborhood.





Come in closer and let 

me introduce you.





Miss Maddie, the witch of the moon,

the stars and the grateful hearts,

Is also the one with the pumpkin carts.





Zelda always wears a fancy cape

and is never without her kitty, Moonscape.





Zora, getting a bit up in age,

Leans on her broom to assuage.





Minnie, quiet and shy,

tightly holds her kitty when they fly.





Gertrude, or Gertie as she's known by her friends

is gracious, and generous, and never offends.





Sweet Molly May can be found 

at the pumpkin stand,

Eager to help and lend a hand.





Over to the side 

you'll find yet more.




I suspect that you wished

YOU lived next door.  





Have A Witchie

Screamie Screamie

Happy Happy

Halloweenie





Bewitched ~ to enchant and delight


Sarah
Sarah

The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure.

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you don't have one bit of fun! What a great collection, Happy All Hollows Eve to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Lovin' The Girls Sarah and I made myself a note to create a Black Hat Society ornament next year:@) Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to meet Fredericka and all the other witches of the Black Hat Society, Sarah!! The poem was so creative how you included each of the darling witches.
    Happy Halloweenie to you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Black Hat Society girls! Happy Halloween, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, Count me in as a member of The Black Hat Society <|:>) I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite but Fredericka looks like she's my kind of gal, Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Sarah,
    As long as you enjoy it; happy Halloween!
    Not my cup of tea though...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you have a wonderful collection of sweet witches...I relate more to Zora than the other sweeties...as I get older balancing on that broom gets harder and harder!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, your collection of wonderful witches (I love Sweet Molly May - is she an Earth Angel creation, by chance?) is only surpassed by your creative wordsmithing. By the time you read this, it will be November. I give a special thanks to bloggers like you who bring beauty to my world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarah, What a wonderful and fun collection! I do love the welcome outside your door, got to love those Quimper plates. Your vignettes are so sweet. I don't do a lot for Halloween but my sister makes up for it. We were home and handed out candy to neighborhood children last night, what fun. Glad to see your posting again. Hope to get there soon.................

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun witches you have! I have a few and only 'happy' witches as my Grandson calls them! I can't believe Oct is over already!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sarah, what great fun to meet the witches of the Black Hat Society. They all look like they love to have fun. Love the vignettes....Happy November.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah,
    Adorable bewitching post, dear friend!!!
    I adored meeting all the witches and their sweet kitties!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful collection Sarah and you have them displayed so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great collection of witches you have! I love how you have them grouped!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome witch collection you have, Sarah. My favorites are the wooden ones....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I love this time of YEAR! And it all leads up to an entire season of IMAGINATION and hope. Dearest Sarah, thank you so much for coming to visit my post. YES, those antique items are in my home, and I LOVE TO PLAY WITH THEM! teeehee....you know, I've always been imaginative. Then I "grew up" and lost my way. For years, I could not put my finger on it, but I had this pull, this tug on my heart every time I'd pass my curio cabinet. It's as if the stuffed antique animals and toys would whisper to me, but I didn't listen. It wasn't until blogging that I started to play again, and there is no turning back. Writing and creating ideas with toys lately has been what I discovered to be that call. Funny how some of us age....we go backward, but you know what? It's OK.

    MUCH LOVE TO YOU, SARAH! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sarah,
    what a fun to see Fredericka and the wonderful Halloween decoration. You have always a wonderful style to decorate.
    I have a nice message. Your are one of the winners of my giveaway. Please send me your address and I will send you the candle and napkins.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGoodness, YOU have a great collection too!!! I loved seeing all this. I gave ALL my Halloween decor to my daughter. Now I just decorate for "Fall". This was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great collection. I love their stories! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your whole coven of witches!
    They are spots of joy all around your home, inside and out. So cute!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each of you who take the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and will respond to any questions. Your notes are the only way I know who has stopped in for a visit.